Lens AF MICRO NIKKOR 105MM 1:2.8 D

lucien

Legend
Hi I purchased this lens used on eBay. It works perfectly fine. But I discovered something yesterday that is a bit disturbing. I think this is mould on the rear element. Inside for sure because I tried cleaning it. But it wouldn't go away. I have screwdrivers (precision) and the lens spanner. I've never used it. It doesn't affect photo's yet. Is there a breakdown of taking this thing apart from the bottom/rear? Like a diagram. I didn't check YouTube yet. Can I use UV LIGHT on it? Which kind. Taking it to a store might not be worth it. They charge as much as buying another copy.

IMG_0198.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks,

Last edited:

This is the closest lens that Richard Haw has posted.

You MUST use JIS screwdrivers. It is not a Phillips head. The pitch is different, and you can easily destroy the screws. Micro-Tools sells them.

Do not use the UV lamp until you have removed and cleaned the surfaces with the fungus. After you've done that, then use it. That is what I do.

Thanks a lot, any special UV lamp to get, Can I just leave it out in the sun? Wouldn't some hydrogen peroxide get rid of it permanently?

I have these They cover most applications I think. I didn't get to the attachment you sent. Are those adequate?

thanks,

IMG_0199.jpg

I use an eyeglass cleaning fluid that is a mix of alcohol and ammonia.

If the drive tips are marked JIS for the Japanese standard- should work. Try them carefully to see if it is a good fit.

Can't I just blast it with UV light instead of taking it apart and cleaning it? i guess residue will be left inside and grime etc? Is it possible to blast it all from outside in?

thanks,

The J is probably for JIS, but I don't know that manufacturer.
Fungus damage occurs after it has died- it becomes acidic and etches the glass. The faster you get to it the better.
I just bought a whole camera collection that was stored improperly. Got to most of it in time.

if it's dead, why would I worry about it then, the pics are fine. Can I UV out. Because I only have 1 lens with it and don't want to take it apart if it doesn't, Will the damage grow?

I've cross referenced this set with mine and I can confirm that the J' series are JIS bits. I don't have to spend a dime

IMG_0201.jpg

Sorry for the long delay. I got it cleaned and she's working nice again. The mold was all the way to the middle elements. I'll try to show an example after the cleaning. I like it alot

Last edited:
Back