Leica "Affinity" Photo Software BETA for Windows 7 and higher available for free

Brian

Product of the Fifties
Affinity | Blog

^Click to register for a Download Link^

I saw this on nikonforums.com, just installed it on my Windows 7 i7 machine. It is in Beta now, has been on other platforms before. I prefer stand-alone software over the "Cloud", this looks like a real contender.

It was able to handle my custom DNG files from the M Monochrom, 16 significant bits per pixel rather than the usual 14. It also handles NEF files from the Df.

25309202619_2d534b687b_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
G1008962 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

30828334132_f3774dabff_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSC_9369 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

The overall interface has a "Lightroom" look to it, but with a featureset more like Photoshop.

I will keep a watch on this one.

I just downloaded it too. I've been using Capture One for RAW conversions but pay a monthly subscription for Lightroom and Photoshop mainly for the occasional use of Photoshop. Affinity Photo looks like it can do most if not all of what I use Photoshop to do; so it may be time to stop paying that subscription.

I still use Photochop CS2 for when i need it. Lightroom 6 stand-alone. I will not pay a subscription for software, if Adobe stops offering LR when I need to upgrade it, I will switch.

I pay about $10 a month right now for LR + PS. If LR were my raw processing app of choice, I would gladly pay that.

But Capture One is my RAW app of choice, and I pay about $99/year to upgrade that to latest version.

I'd be willing to pay $5/month to continue to use Photoshop, but Adobe doesn't give me that option, so it looks like I'll be switching PS to Affinity.

Back