After five long years . . . finally published as a nature photographer . . . see also "patient endurance"

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Kind of you to notice, Steve. All the photos were the result of taking walks on Peebles Island with the better half (aka spotter-in-chief). Because superzooms are small (relative to almost any DSLR or mirrorless), light, and extremely versatile, I was willing to carry them. The RX10 IV is about a pound heavier but delivers more horsepower, particularly very fast autofocus.

By contrast, check out this thread: Went looking for eagles and found these

Years ago, one of the denizens of Serious Compacts said: "Take a camera everywhere and see what happens." For me, that's a ticket to joy.

This thread is the result of a stroll at Troy NY's Oakwood Cemetery. These are for Luke . . .

The first shot, taken with the RX10 IV, gives me a huge grin. The woodchuck took one look at us and started bookin' for his Safe Place. I love the fact that just one foot is touching the ground. Silly me.

Cheers, Jock
That's a great set of images. Dang, the lens on the Nikon was a cannon. :biggrin: The guy in the Pink Floyd shirt had a superzoom, however.

Latest threads

Top Bottom