After five long years . . . finally published as a nature photographer . . . see also "patient endurance"

Kind of you to notice, Steve. All the photos were the result of taking walks on Peebles Island with the better half (aka spotter-in-chief). Because superzooms are small (relative to almost any DSLR or mirrorless), light, and extremely versatile, I was willing to carry them. The RX10 IV is about a pound heavier but delivers more horsepower, particularly very fast autofocus.

By contrast, check out this thread: Went looking for eagles and found these

Years ago, one of the denizens of Serious Compacts said: "Take a camera everywhere and see what happens." For me, that's a ticket to joy.

This thread is the result of a stroll at Troy NY's Oakwood Cemetery. These are for Luke . . .

The first shot, taken with the RX10 IV, gives me a huge grin. The woodchuck took one look at us and started bookin' for his Safe Place. I love the fact that just one foot is touching the ground. Silly me.

Cheers, Jock
That's a great set of images. Dang, the lens on the Nikon was a cannon. :D The guy in the Pink Floyd shirt had a superzoom, however.

Back