Fuji After winning the forum's contest X20...

Peter Chin

Regular
...what will be the first person, place or thing that will be in it's viewfinder? :p

If i win, and it being March it'll be most likely a neighbourhood called, "The Beaches"...there's a boardwalk, it's own parking lot cafe, a yacht club...yachts being UNDER 25' ...lol and a quaint main street filled with shops and little eateries...then off of that there is a water treatment plant, postal station, skate park and a Fire training station and that's pretty much the stroll...oh and lots of characters and things like that too.

So, what will be on your SD when you win the Fujifilm X20?

Mine will be the ceiling as I will have fainted with shock and still on my back when I open the box, insert battery & card then take first photo.............once my shock is over I will shoot either street or landscape for B&W conversion.

Still, with my luck I have more chance of winning the lottery!! - still live in hope though

new camera in my house? That's easy. The first thing is the bathroom mirror self-portrait to document the camera's existence. Then a few dog shots, then make the cats pose for ANOTHER new camera. Then maybe a walk along the lakefront or a hike down some familiar trails to look for something new.

If I were to win a new X20, I'd probably donate my current X10 to the local Veteran's Center where they teach basic photography workshops to disabled vets. Or, you know...I'd do that dog and cat thing.

In the unlikely event the X20 prize comes my way, the first image will be my 6 year old daughter with missing front teeth.

Funny you should say that. When I got my X10 last year the first photos I took were a series of pictures of my then 6-year-old daughter when she lost her front teeth:

DSCF0832-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Me buying a lottery ticket because I NEVER win anything so I would need to milk as much good fortune out of my mojo before it disappears again.

When :) I win the X20 the first pictures will probably be of my kids (or one of them). But if I'm really lucky,
I'll grab a shot of my wife looking irritated that I am pointing a camera at her again!

JJJPhoto -- that _is_ funny. Cute girl! It was while taking a simple posed photo of my daughter with missing teeth and a snowman that finally tipped me over the edge about my Canon G10's speed and handling (annoyances with both).

Funny you should say that. When I got my X10 last year the first photos I took were a series of pictures of my then 6-year-old daughter when she lost her front teeth:

If my old spaniel is still going (and to be honest it's touch and go) I'll get some good close ups of that grizzled old nose while I can... after that a trip to Burslem for some atmospheric B&W industrial decay shots.

Back