Agadir - Marocco

pniev

Student for life
I’ve recently made a trip to Agadir, Marocco with a group of friends. Not for photogrpaphy but for golf. It was a wonderful trip. And a wonderful golf resort. Almost no time for photography. Nevertheless, I was able to get a few snaps. An impression:

Souk (the biggest in Africa!)

p2270821457-5.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p2270821296-5.jpg

p2270822073-5.jpg

p2270820848-5.jpg

p2270822383-5.jpg

Beach:

p2270822870-5.jpg

Views from/at Kasbah:

p2270817835-5.jpg

p2270817192-5.jpg

p2270817465-5.jpg

On the way back to the airport (shot through glass of driving van):

p2270825134-5.jpg

p2270825776-5.jpg

p2270826198-5.jpg

p2270826653-5.jpg

p2270827206-5.jpg

All photos with Olympus PEN-F and 17mm 1.7 lens. A wonderful companion although I still prefer full-frame.

PS: shooting through the glass at Ch setting worked very well.

Nice shots! Agadir is markedly different from other big cities in Morocco due to the old centre being destroyed by earthquakes, but I found it a pretty relaxed and pleasant town. The beach being nearby didn't hurt either, especially in terms of cooler temperatures in summer. I think you captured the daily life aspects of the city nicely - and I think a 35mm equivalent is perfect for that kind of work. I wish I'd known about the large souk when I went, I totally missed that.

If you would allow me to make one critical note: I don't know how the water situation currently is in Morocco, but keeping golf courts green in a semi-desert environment is not always the most efficient use of water :eek:

........I wish I'd known about the large souk when I went, I totally missed that.

If you would allow me to make one critical note: I don't know how the water situation currently is in Morocco, but keeping golf courts green in a semi-desert environment is not always the most efficient use of water :eek:

Regarding souk: Good reason to go back, Bart. I found the souk fascinating. Perhaps it is true that when you've seen one you've seen them all, but I found it fascinating. Too bad we only had little time.

I get your point about watering. The same thing crossed my mind. Then I realized that tourism also contributes to increasing prosperity. In addition, The area's main source of income is agriculture, which needs watering. I never had a chance to ask about their watering system so I can't see anything about the environmentfriendliness of it.

I know it's offtopic but I thoight to respond anyway

Back