Alaska Cruise - Glacier Bay and elsewhere

Ray, we have so much in common. So many of the sentiments you express -- conflict, understanding, doubt -- are exactly what I feel looking at these gorgeous pictures. And the pictures... once again everything's just right. I made sure I got coffee before I started going through them. I settled back in my chair, and I felt like I could smell the endless buffet food.

Man, oh, man, what a glorious shot! (I feel the sudden urge to warm myself at a bonfire of my cameras.)

Cheers, Jock
I know you love cloud shots Jock. If I ever have a couple I'm not sure about including in a post here, I usually err on the side of putting them in, because I know at least one person will get some pleasure from them... Glad you like it, but good heavens don't burn up your cameras - the fun is in the doing, the looking at it later is just a fleeting reminder!

-Ray

Ray, we have so much in common. So many of the sentiments you express -- conflict, understanding, doubt -- are exactly what I feel looking at these gorgeous pictures. And the pictures... once again everything's just right. I made sure I got coffee before I started going through them. I settled back in my chair, and I felt like I could smell the endless buffet food.
Thanks so much Kyle... But we avoided the buffet line most of the time - we're getting too old to have to fight for our food, so we went to the places with table service for the vast majority of meals. The buffet line always feels kind of Darwinian (unless you get there REALLY early), even when there's plenty to go around. And I'm not the fittest anymore, or at least less interested in having to prove it every day. :cool:

-Ray

Last edited:
Just went through and trashed all of the un-used shots from this trip and, as usual, found a few more I felt like processing. Two in color (with the 24-120) and one B&W (Zeiss 25mm)...

13 TONS of anchor!
21082987016_c688ddda90_b.jpg
Glacier Bay-25-Edit
by Ray, on Flickr

A piece of glacier ice relaxing in the sun, swimming in the wake - too much of this going on up there...
21083510266_e6be996054_b.jpg
Glacier Bay-191-Edit
by Ray, on Flickr

One more Glacier Bay landscape I liked:
20488643173_481d17b65d_h.jpg
Glacier Bay-62-Edit
by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

I've never bothered to try to figure out how to get flickr on my television, but I think I'm gonna try this afternoon. I really want to see these images BIG!
I've done it and it looks like crap... We have a couple of pretty good sized TV's in our place that are mostly sitting idle and I've tried to run Flickr photos on one of them, but they just looked terrible so I gave up on it. I have a Mac with a 27" monitor and looking at them full size on that is my best option except for the few I have printed. I have a couple of 20x30 prints and a number of 12x18 prints, but we don't have a lot of wall space, so anytime I print something, something else has to come down. So most of my images never make it off of the computer monitor... But full size on a 27" monitor is a pretty nice view!

-Ray

Back