Alien Skin Exposure or Nik Color Efex Pro?

I have both. Color EFX has a lot more options. I really like Alien Skin but it really doesn't do as much as Color EFX. The film emulsion simulations on Alien Skin are better than the ones with Color EFX. Color EFX costs more. Alien Skin's B/W is better than the B/W simulator on Color EFX. However, Color EFX really is primarily for color since NIK has Silver EFX. If you wanted to do just film emulsion simulations I would recommend Alien Skin. If I had to choose one or the other I would go with Color EFX. To be honest I don't use either one that much. I do happen to like two particular B/W effects on Alien Skin so I probably actually use it more since I don't use Color EFX all that much. Still Color EFX is the better software.

I would definitely download a trial of Alien Skin and try it out first. My guess is most people would be happier with Color EFX.

I agree with Stan on this. I don't do much color, never did but... when I do it, it must be right.
I use Nik but truthfully, I prefer the previous version of Color Efex....
You will also need Viveza. So it pays to find a discount code and get the suite.
Don

I agree with Stan on this. I don't do much color, never did but... when I do it, it must be right.
I use Nik but truthfully, I prefer the previous version of Color Efex....
You will also need Viveza. So it pays to find a discount code and get the suite.
Don

He is definitely correct on the Suite with Viveza. Plus you get Silver EFX with it too. The sharpener program that comes with the Suite is really good also. Actually the Suite is a really good bargain if you can swing it. The support from NIK is very good too. Alien Skin is a fun alternative in my opinion. Definitely try it out before you buy it.

Back