Fuji All about the Fuji XF 23mm F2 and 50mm F2

from fujirumor's (patrick's) visit in photokina 2016: the 50mm f2

if this will be the final dimensions, then it will be slightly longer than the 23mm f2.
but still significantly smaller (at least to me) compared to the 56mm f1.2 beside it. :)
though the prototype indicates a 46mm filter thread size, instead of 43mm used in the other f2 wr lenses...

50mmF2-1024x562.jpg

50mmF2-2-1024x560.jpg

Fujinon XF50mmF2 WR + XF80mmF2.8 OIS WR - REAL LIFE IMAGES - Fuji Rumors

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I'm VERY curious about 23-vs-23 comparisons. The big fat 1.4 version is great, but has some flaws that the 35 1.4 doesn't have. Thus, I could see it being toppled in some ways by its f2 little brother in a way that the 35 didn't.

Tell you two things for free...

1) I'm actually using the standard hood that came in the box. That's the first time I've ever done that on a Fuji prime lens. All the others sit in their boxes and have been replaced with 3rd party versions that handle and work better.
2) The rear cap is new. It seems to be tighter fitting and now has an alignment dot for fitting. I'm not sure I like it...

I'll be doing my write up for Macfilos. My comparison will be with the X100T.

My 23mm f2 just arrived from BHPhoto. Hmmmm, anyone found a lens cap that fits on the included hood? 'Looks to me to be about 44mm, maybe 45. An old 43mm pinch type I have sits in the hood opening but I doubt it will stay.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Oh and geezum, nice lens!
. . . David

Last edited by a moderator:
Back