Fuji All about the Fuji XF 23mm F2 and 50mm F2

gravija_flare

Regular
May 23, 2016
A planet called Gaia
So with the 23mm and 35mm F2s being the updated smaller newer but cheaper versions of their F1.4 cousins, this 50mm F2 is the same thing for the 56mm F1.2, right?
yes, though not the exact same focal length, the 50mm f2 will be the smaller, cheaper, weatherproof and faster autofocus version of the 56mm f1.2

gravija_flare

Regular
May 23, 2016
A planet called Gaia
some new leaks/rumors for the upcoming 50mm f2 wr:

- srp of 53,460 yen ~ 467 usd -> us srp will probably be 450 to 500 usd, almost the same as the 23mm f2
- shipping date of mid february

Last edited by a moderator:

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
No doubt Fuji is aggressively delivering some interesting, compelling photo gear. If I was doing photography for a living, there would certainly be some other Fuji gear I would own.

Dec 31, 2013
Louisville, Ky
I agree with Bill. The only other consideration is, if you are doing a lot of video, the X-T20 will be a substantial upgrade. I'm having a major debate in my brain pan now over selling one of my Pro2's for either the x100f of T20. The 100f gives me the leaf shutter for sync speeds when working with strobes as well as a full event backup with the TCL/WCL. The T20 with 4k video, and the flip up-touch control screen will be great for the video work I'm doing this year. :daz:

Biro

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
I agree with the both of you. The biggest leap forward is the X-Pro 2 but I can upgrade from the X-T10 to the X-T20 (and enjoy both improved autofocus and 4K video) for the least amount of money.

As for the X100F, I wrote in another string that this camera's switch to the larger W126 battery, while a good move on its own, messes up my travel kit that includes the X100T and the X30, which share NP-95 batteries and a charger. Nice and compact. Besides, the shooting I do with the X100T probably wouldn't take full advantage of most of the new camera's features.

So, for me, I think the upgrade order will be X-T20 fairly soon, X-Pro 2 in the medium term (maybe end of summer, Christmas or whenever a decent sale occurs) and then (perhaps way down the road at close-out time) the X100F.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom