Fuji All about the Fuji XF 23mm F2 and 50mm F2

photos shared by matt granger. hopefully there will be more, so we can see if it's the same size or longer than the 35mm f2. though they seem to have the same filter thread size and will both fit the vented metal hood. ;)

XF23mmF2-WR-Leaked-1024x944.jpg

BREAKING :: REAL LIFE Images of XF23mmF2 WR LEAKED

Interesting. Hard to tell, but it appears to me to be much longer than the 23 mm f/2 on the X100. I suppose that was to be expected.

TT

yes, it's expected to be longer and/or bigger than the x100's 23mm lens, since that lens actually extends more into the body / closer to the sensor.

being of similar design to the 35mm f2, hopefully this 23mm will be as sharp and fast, and of course, priced similarly. :)

I asked Fuji PT about this lens today, I asked if it would be released with the XT2, but they told me that (in PT at least) it would along a little later...

I'm hoping that they'll lend me one, but I bet I'm quite far down in the queue!

yes, it's expected to be longer and/or bigger than the x100's 23mm lens, since that lens actually extends more into the body / closer to the sensor.

being of similar design to the 35mm f2, hopefully this 23mm will be as sharp and fast, and of course, priced similarly. :)

Same with the Sony RX1 and that Zeiss lens, can't be replicated on any interchangeable lens system (at least I don't think so anyway).

It tends to be the way. Back in the day I had at one time or another the Panasonic LC-1 and it's almost identical twin the Leica Digilux 2. A superb "28-90" lens made a good camera great by the standards of it's day. There was great speculation at the time about how it could be re-sensored, or the lens mounted to a different body but sadly it's more trouble than it's worth.

just in from fujirumors: full specs and price in yen. size looks good on the x-pro2 here. about 17% less width, 18% shorter. hopefully the actual performance will justify the price. :)

23mm f2: 60mm x 51.9mm
23mm f1.4: 72mm x 63mm

XF23.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Color: Black, Silver
  • Release Date: 2016 October 6 (Black)
  • Manufacturer’s suggested retail price: 62,000 yen (excluding tax)
  • Retailers Price: 53,500 yen (tax included)
  • Lens construction: 6 ten groups (2 aspherical lens)
  • Aperture number of blades: 9 sheets (circular aperture)
  • Minimum focusing distance: 22cm
  • Maximum photographic magnification: 0.13 times
  • Filter Size: 43mm
  • The maximum diameter × length: about 60mm x 51.9mm
  • Weight: about 180g
  • Low-temperature structure of the dust-proof and drip-proof · -10 ℃
  • In addition to the included food “LH-XF35-2” can be installed
  • It is also released “LH-XF35-2 (Silver)”
LEAKED :: Fujinon XF23mmF2 WR FULL SPECS + PRICE + IMAGES (mounted on X-Pro2) - Fuji Rumors

Last edited by a moderator:
the gear is fun for sure, but ultimately you can either compose a shot or well or you can't. I've seen enough of your photos, Tony. You're fine. Feed the gear "inner beast" when you're flush with cash, but you don't need more than you have. None of us do.

the gear is fun for sure, but ultimately you can either compose a shot or well or you can't. I've seen enough of your photos, Tony. You're fine. Feed the gear "inner beast" when you're flush with cash, but you don't need more than you have. None of us do.
If I could hit "Agree" on your post multiple times Luke, I would. Lessons learned the hard way, and all that . . .

a few early size comparisons... and having previously owned the 23mm f1.4, i am seeing a substantial decrease in size for the 23mm f2. this and the upcoming 50mm f2 will probably make my kit lighter and more compact. ;)

dscf8698.jpg

dscf8701.jpg

from 23mm vs 23mm. Sibling Rivalry.

dscf3883.jpg

dscf3893.jpg

from 23 and 2 – A small look at the Fujifilm XF 23mm f/2 WR

Last edited by a moderator:
Back