Fuji All about the Fuji XF 23mm F2 and 50mm F2

additional leaked tidbits and photo:

Fujifilm_1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Fujifilm.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Lens construction: 7 groups 9 pieces (1 aspheric ED lens)
  • Filter diameter: 46 mm
  • Weight: 200 g
Fujifilm X100F, X-T20 and 50mmF2 SPECS Leaked + NEW X100F IMAGE - Fuji Rumors

i am one of probably a very few that are hoping for a refreshed 18mm, with weather sealing and faster af motor as in the recent f2 lenses..

It'll come, I think. Fuji have become a bit more coy about their roadmap of late but it is a logical extension of the recent "small/light/robust" approach, targeted at "travellers".

I agree with Bill. The only other consideration is, if you are doing a lot of video, the X-T20 will be a substantial upgrade. I'm having a major debate in my brain pan now over selling one of my Pro2's for either the x100f of T20. The 100f gives me the leaf shutter for sync speeds when working with strobes as well as a full event backup with the TCL/WCL. The T20 with 4k video, and the flip up-touch control screen will be great for the video work I'm doing this year. :daz:

I agree with the both of you. The biggest leap forward is the X-Pro 2 but I can upgrade from the X-T10 to the X-T20 (and enjoy both improved autofocus and 4K video) for the least amount of money.

As for the X100F, I wrote in another string that this camera's switch to the larger W126 battery, while a good move on its own, messes up my travel kit that includes the X100T and the X30, which share NP-95 batteries and a charger. Nice and compact. Besides, the shooting I do with the X100T probably wouldn't take full advantage of most of the new camera's features.

So, for me, I think the upgrade order will be X-T20 fairly soon, X-Pro 2 in the medium term (maybe end of summer, Christmas or whenever a decent sale occurs) and then (perhaps way down the road at close-out time) the X100F.

Back