Expired [ALL SOLD] FOR SALE: FILM CAMERAS. Canonet 28 and two Canonet QL 17 GIII's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian

Product of the Fifties
SOLD!
1) [SOLD] Canonet 28. This camera is a good “carry anywhere” film camera. Features an F2.8 lens, RF focus, auto-exposure. Camera has new seals, and viewfinder has been cleaned. EX+ cosmetically. $28 shipped within the US; $42 via first-class International mail world-wide. [sold]

2) [SOLD] Canonet QL17 GIII number 1. This camera is a good all-around rangefinder film camera. Features an F1.7 lens, RF focus, shutter-preferred auto-exposure and manual exposure. Meter turns off for manual exposure, so you would want a hand-held meter or just go by “Sunny-16”. Camera has new seals, and viewfinder has been cleaned. Some pitting in the chrome, lens has some marks on front element- but nothing that will have an impact on the final image. 48mm protective filter provided. USER cosmetically. $40 shipped within the US; $55 via first-class International mail world-wide.

3) [SOLD] Canonet QL17 GIII number 2. This camera is a good all-around rangefinder film camera. Features an F1.7 lens, RF focus, shutter-preferred auto-exposure and manual exposure. Meter turns off for manual exposure, so you would want a hand-held meter or just go by “Sunny-16”. Camera has new seals, and viewfinder has been cleaned. Body covering has been replaced, missing the “GIII” Logo. Lens has very clean glass. 48mm protective filter provided. $50 shipped within the US; $65 via first-class International mail world-wide.[SOLD]

I have set all three cameras to use 1.5v batteries by adjusting the variable resister of the meter to agree with my Nikon F2AS. These are older averaging meters, and are not as accurate as modern cameras. The latitude of print film is very forgiving, and they have always been good enough for me. I used my Canonet for the Single in January project.

Paypal is fine, as is personal check or money order. I reserve the right to hold shipment until after a check clears. 14 day return policy, shipping is NOT refundable.

Not familiar with these cameras. But rather intrigued. Can you explain what you mean by auto exposure on the first camera? User chooses aperture and camera chooses exposure? Or is the aperture locked at f2.8, so everything is pretty much focus and shoot? Thanks!

The Canonet 28 sets both the shutter speed and aperture. It is "fully automatic" exposure. It is a "Point and Shoot" as far as exposure goes, gives a read-out in the viewfinder.

The Canonet QL17 GIII allow you to set the Shutter Speed, and on "AUTO" the camera will set the f-Stop. F-Stop is shown through the viewfinder. On manual: you set both Shutter Speed and DF-Stop.

The "28" was the little brother, slower lens and "Programmed mode" auto. You set the F-Stop when using a flash, but cannot manually set the shutter speed. It defaults to a set speed when on flash. It's a good "Knock around" film camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back