Fuji All things Fuji equipment and what other photogs are doing w/ their cameras

Interesting content rendered almost completely unreadable by an apparent ignorance of how to use the carriage return key :mad:

...hang on a minute. Let me get this straight. This is not a site of original content, it is material "liberated" from other sources... how does that work with regard to copyright, then?

It depends on the size of the excerpt relative to the original source. Also depends on which part is excerpted. For example, quoting the entire conclusion/summary is not acceptable. A few lines from the intro with a link to read more is fine. Looks to me like they're pretty close to the line of copyright infringement.

I agree.

Not to mention that copyright is treated differently in different countries - "fair use" is not a universal concept. I would be furious and reaching for a lawyer if that amount of content was lifted from one of my sites.

Interesting content rendered almost completely unreadable by an apparent ignorance of how to use the carriage return key :mad:

...hang on a minute. Let me get this straight. This is not a site of original content, it is material "liberated" from other sources... how does that work with regard to copyright, then?

If u double click the article itself it will take u directly to the site where the article was found, where u can read full context of article and all the associated pictures. I not sure that the site is even in US given the domain name. The site has been active for very long time and this particular curator seems to be from Germany.

Gary

Call me old fashioned, but "curated"seems in this case to be a euphemism for "appropriated". It bothers me. I have been the victim of copyright theft three times and hold a low tolerance view.

Sent from another Galaxy

Back