Along the river

Qualifies for along the river, beaches and skyline

Last free flowing section of the Columbia River. About as far north as Lewis and Clark got in their travels up the Columbia. We don't have much of a skyline here!
freeflowsm.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

FujiFilm F550EXR, PP in PSCS4 to sepia

Andy, I've already commented on Flickr, but wanted to go on the record to say that these three pictures make me smile. Your happiness shines through. That one of the little girl in stripes peddling away with such determination...and her dog following behind is my favorite!

Susan, your river view is subtly beautiful and your choice of sepia plays to the Lewis and Clark memories wonderfully.

Thanks everyone!! I was rather pleased with the girl cycling past. The camera makes me happy as it is such a Jem!!! I was playing with the new E-PL3 today and that is very very nice and very tempting but resist i must!!!!!

Stunning pictures of the canal Andy, love the second one. Nothing more relaxing on a hot summer's day than letting the breeze carry my kayak down our canal taking me to the pub for a lovely ice cold cola and a packet of crisps before I turn back challenging the gale as I paddle my way back home again. Which canal is this? I live on the Union Canal.

Stunning pictures of the canal Andy, love the second one. Nothing more relaxing on a hot summer's day than letting the breeze carry my kayak down our canal taking me to the pub for a lovely ice cold cola and a packet of crisps before I turn back challenging the gale as I paddle my way back home again. Which canal is this? I live on the Union Canal.

Thanks Brair. It's a canal that sits below a small village called Winchelsea which is near Hastings and Rye in Kent. The canal was dug to prevent invaders attacking the village so it's more like a moat really but a very long one!!

Thanks for the kind words.

Back