Alternative Browsers to Chrome

On the Mac I have taken to using Safari after many years of using Chrome. It seems just as fast and it blocks trackers automatically. For Facebook I use Firefox which has a "stop Facebook from following you everywhere" extension built in.
I've been using these two alternatively on my iMac in the last decade and they just work fine with me.

Curious, what's the advantage of Firefox for Deezer?
That kind of happened by accident :)
I just wanted a specific browser for using Deezer.
So, not the one I'm using as the regular browser.
Plus, I keep a lot of tabs open, linking to artists I'm exploring.
(really a lot)
Firefox can take this without a problem. Perhaps other browsers could as well. I just haven't tried any this way.

I use Brave but mostly because of privacy concerns with Chrome (and most of the other mainstream browers). Increasingly I use privacy focused search engines as well - Qwant, SwissCows, and Mojeek are all reliable. Sometimes I still use Google because it is the best for search but I try to avoid it as much as possible.

I remember when Chrome was considered to have less bloat! One of my favorite browsers from back in the day on Mac OS was Chimera, later known as Camino. While not perfect, it was a very fast and efficient browser. Though it was eventually discontinued.
I remember Camino! Very good and quite hyped at the time if I remember rightly, then just dissapeared which I took to be symbolic of the IT industry at the time.

FWIW, I've been using Edge on my desktop for about a month now (I still have Chrome on my laptop). They are practically indistinguishable from each other at this point. Edge picked up my history and passwords from Chrome quite easily.

Edge may be slightly better at memory management but deleting Chrome did not fix the issues I had on my desktop.

I switched back to Firefox - was going well with Opera but something changed and I get no audio through it anymore. Which kind of sucks because it did what I needed it to do without being tied to The Goog.

Back