Fuji Alternative grip for X-E1

The Fuji grip, although a pain because of the inability to access the battery/card chamber without removing it, is more ergonomic and looks like it is a part of the camera. This variant looks like it is an addition to it. I would be wary of the tripod screw mount being of aluminium. A stainless steel helical insert would be a worthy addition.

I use the I Shoot variant found on EBAY from photoloving in China. It has transformed the camera for me, the grip is about perfect. I also like the built in arca bottom plate, and the way the camera handles with it on or off a tripod. I don't use the side piece often. Changing batteries and SD card is no problem. It looks and feels very well made. I have larger hands and the grip just feels right, someone with small hands may prefer the Fuji grip. I crossed the fuji grip off because I would have still had to get a arca plate then. As much as I am a fan of USA built, this one came in about a third of the price of the RRS, and it is made of the same material, so couldn't justify buy America on this one.

i messaged that guy before asking if those were RRS pieces. he replied that they were just a similar design.

vy2evujy.jpg

it's even easy to access the battery/sdcard while mounted.

u5e4uhup.jpg

x-e1 & x100 grips

(Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk)

My grip for my XE2 arrived today and I must say I'm very pleased with it, I've got fairly big hands and the camera now feels secure in my right hand. My grip bears the mark LB-XE1 at the front under the lens, it feels like a quality product and the finishing backs this up, also supplied with 2 Allen keys.

I got mine from Amazon, delivered in 6 days for less than £34;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KR92EJ4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also note the same product on EBay for £40;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metal-Qui...prg=20131017132637&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=161326203699

For UK members, use this link to access Amazon and Amazon donates 5% of the sale to the RNLI;

Charity Support For The RNLI - Save Lives At Sea Your Way

if you don't already have a TU or LM thumb grip, i highly recommend it. i'm 6'5.25" with some large hands. i've tried it both with either just the thumb grip and with just the hand grip, and surprisingly the thumb grip is what feels the most secure. but combine them, and it's love.

pamute7e.jpg

Back