Fuji Alternative to xf 55-200mm

seanp

Really, I would like to buy the xf 55-200mm Len, but I can't justify the cost, especially when I consider how often it will make an outing. So I'm hoping to acheive similar with an adapted lens. Does anyone have a suggestion of something that works well. I used to own an olympus om 55-200mm f4 lens which was a cracker of a lens.. Anyone tried this, or have a similar suggestion?

Thanks,

Sean.

I use a Canon FD 70-210 f/4, which is surprisingly good. Very sharp wide open, though plenty of CA in the right conditions. I may get an FD 80-200/4L which would help there.

I use a Canon FD 70-210 f/4, which is surprisingly good. Very sharp wide open, though plenty of CA in the right conditions. I may get an FD 80-200/4L which would help there.

Without any sort of IBIS, don't you run into issues when using such long lenses? Or do you always use a tripod?

Sent from LG Optimus G Pro via Tapatalk.

I am pretty sure that fast zoom lenses will be somewhere on next year's roadmap. Now that Fuji offers tracking hybrid AF in all future X models, fast telephoto lenses should become much more attractive.

Back