Critique Wanted Am I on the right track.

TheRubySusan

Top Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Henry, IL
Ruby
I'm in the same boat with Post Processing, and all I can say is, ... what Luke said! Although I'll add, I love the wind turbine atop the classic building! Did you notice there's a Film Noir "salon challenge" running for two weeks from Oct 5? Hopefully this will link to the thread, or you should be able to find it under discussions> recent image threads. https://www.photographerslounge.org/showthread.php?t=22558

Luckypenguin

Hall of Famer
Dec 24, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Nic
I generally like the darker grimey look, critique away.
^^ Here's the important bit of your post. If you like it, that's what matters. I think that your method of processing looks good in the example you showed.

One thing that I would encourage you to do (which you probably do anyway) is to keep hold of the originals (raws or jpegs) in case you have a change of heart in the future. I once liked playing with different colour film simulations which were quite destructive of image quality, but since then I've been able to go back and re-process the originals to suit my current tastes as well.

Mebe.ingme

Rookie
Oct 4, 2013
Thanks for the nice words, kind critique and advice, it is very much appreciated. I'm pretty much just starting out on this journey and it's quite exciting. There are so many good images out there it's hard to tell how what I do would compare, not that I want to compare, it's just good to have a base.

That comp looks interesting, I'll post this image and see how it goes. Thanks.

Steve Noel

All-Pro
Oct 5, 2010
Casey County, KY
The fade from dark to light, and then the shinny thing to "crown" it, gets my attention (a hard thing to do in my advancing age :)). Very nice image, in a Gothic sort of way.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom