Fuji Amazon used XT1 kits

Mine was. I got mine as a used / open box warehouse deal from Amazon because it was available and it was a slight discount. Mine definitely has the light leak issue and will have to go back in to Fuji for a fix eventually (not in a rush since it's not affecting regular use).

I ordered a second used body from Amazon to see if it was any better, and it was actually bricked - wouldn't even turn on out of the box :(

Now, to be fair, I've ordered a lot of cameras from Amazon over the years including used ones, and this was the first time something like that has ever happened. But having said that... based on my experience I honestly wouldn't recommend buying a used X-T1 from Amazon right now, at least until this light leak issue thing has settled down.

Over in Fuji X Forum there are a fair number of reported issues ranging from rear dials and flash shoes only working intermittently, to fully bricked cameras (fairly standard stuff for a new camera model's first run). I for one wouldn't trust a used X-T1 at this point unless it can be returned or you're certain the warranty will be honored by Fuji. To me the savings isn't worth the potential hassle. My local shop has an X-T1 and 56mm in stock but I think I'll wait until the light leak issue gets sorted (and perhaps even the rear buttons)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure that some forum readers returned their early X-T1s due to the light leak, mushy selector keys or just "because".

So there's a very good chance that those samples exhibit those faults.

And amazon is not particularly great about grading cameras. It's a roll of the dice. KEH on the other hand has impeccable grading.

Back