American Idol - Love or Hate

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
I'm watching it now - Nashville tonight - I think it's great and I've always liked j lo, (Jennifer Lopez)

My wife thinks that's it terrible in a big way

what do you guys think?

I can't stand reality shows. The third season of Project Runway made me so disgusted with television that I stopped watching for an entire year.

Perhaps your wife senses your interest in j.lo? :D

My wife has watched the show for years, and I'll sit next to her when it's on (usually with my laptop in hand). All last show, though, Simon's voice kept ringing in my ears "it's all just karaoke, like on a cruise ship or something." The new judges are too soft.

I guess it's time for me to weigh in. The first year - second season, I think, we watched it with our daughter..and I did get a kick out of it. After that, I really did not look again. Call me a culture snob.:D I'm a Masterpiece Theatre (with its different ramifications from mysteries to classics to current) fan. That's what PBS television here in America gets mostly from England's BBC.;)

I thought it was Nicolas Sarkozy that chose Carla Bruni.
Yes, he chose her probably in part because he knew the French people WOULD choose her so it helped his election chances. And then THEY chose her. As I would have!

Viva La France, Tour de France, Pepe LePieu, etc, etc, etc!

-Ray

My wife and I are both enjoying it so far. Nice to have some mix up from the same old judges, and we think both J Lo and Steven Tyler are good. I don't think any of them are as good as Simon at differentiating between good and great performances, but they're off to a good start all the same.

i just see it as "american" entertainment - the "bad singers" are just very amusing - the good ones are never "good" and the judges are just "actors"

It only serious aspect of the show is making money for the organisers and judges

I normally don't start watching until they get down to the final 16. I don't care for it now that Simon is off. I enjoyed him on the show. I watched an episode last week and though it was boring.

I watch very little TV, usually something my wife (a junky) has "taped":D Even then sometimes there are so many commercials that it's even irritating to watch her fast-forward through them. The only Idol i've seen was the one where the chubby lady from England wowed the world singing. And that was on YouTube.

Back