Amin Requested feedback.

usayit

Veteran
So feedback..

* I like the forum layout. Nice and clean.. keep it minimalistic. This goes for the subforums too.
* Don't really need to use "Leica" in the name of each forum since Leica focus is pretty much the theme of the forum. Somply "M and LTM cameras", "M and LTM lenses", and "Accessories" will suffice. This would also invite other LTM and M mount lenses (Canon, Zeiss, Voigtlander) discussions rather than specific to the Leica branded stuff.
* Probably would like to have a subforum to keep "Antique collections" in a separate area since the focus of the discussions is usually around history and collecting rather than using the equipment
* I can't help but feel that the "Leica red" is missing out of the branding.
* Some of the forums are specific to a mount which tend to stick around for a long time across several models of cameras while others are specific to a model of camera. Can be confusing AND contribute to subforum sprawl moving forward.

So far so good. I truly wish best of luck. There have been a few forums around Leica that have been launched and died simply because of the small niche group AND Leica support of l-camera-forums.com.

I will add more feedback as they come to mind.

* IMO, don't really think it is necessary to have two separate forums.. one for adapted lenses to the M camera and another for M lenses adapted to a non-M camera. I think one would be fine.

* IMO, don't really think it is necessary to have two separate forums.. one for adapted lenses to the M camera and another for M lenses adapted to a non-M camera. I think one would be fine.

Probably true. I guess discussion of M and LTM lenses on other cameras (eg, Fuji, Sony, MFT) still belongs in the same forum as discussion of those lenses on M and LTM mount cameras, while the adapted forum should be for non-M/LTM lenses adapted for use on Leica cameras.

Do you think we'll get much discussion about collecting Leicas, or will everyone go to l-camera-forum for that?

I use, rather than collect - I regard myself as someone who looks after a Leica for a time rather than owning it. :) I think it is a shame to let them sit on a shelf and gum up. I think collectors are catered for elsewhere and we should make a virtue of usage :D

Regards,

Bill (must sort out my autosig!)
Sent from another Galaxy

I think our biggest need right now is getting the word out about the site. All ideas appreciated!

"Forum: Member-Contributed News and Rumors
Fuji X Series news and rumors posted by our members"

I think that is a carry over from a different forum.

Some day I will convert a Leica Summicron to Nikon S-Mount. Bought the parts already, and as the optics head is removable- it will still be M-Mount and S-Mount. But- that's about te only one that will be easy to do.

btw....

Forum view of leicaplace has the fujixspot short icon...

vvv page source snippet

link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="Fuji" type="image/x-icon"

The Archive Images Threads should be a big draw for the site, sets it apart from other Leica forums.

But- the Gallery Limit is currently set to 25MBytes per account, which I believe is smaller than SC and u43. Would you consider raising the limit to 100MByte, which I think is where the others are set? This will allow more threads for lens and camera example images.

btw....

Forum view of leicaplace has the fujixspot short icon...

vvv page source snippet

Thanks, now fixed.

The Archive Images Threads should be a big draw for the site, sets it apart from other Leica forums.

But- the Gallery Limit is currently set to 25MBytes per account, which I believe is smaller than SC and u43. Would you consider raising the limit to 100MByte, which I think is where the others are set? This will allow more threads for lens and camera example images.

I checked the settings and it looks like it's set to 100MB for albums and 25MB for attachments, which is the same as on the other sites.

Thanks, now fixed.

I checked the settings and it looks like it's set to 100MB for albums and 25MB for attachments, which is the same as on the other sites.

When i uploaded to an Album, I got the window normally associated with managing attachments- and it was a 25MByte limit. Will check again right now.

Did the following:

Click on the Gallery button, then "My Albums";
Create New album; Click Upload Pictures;

Get the attachment Manager that states 25MByte limit with 5.67MBytes used. Those are the Mt Vernon images loaded yesterday.

"File Upload Manager- Manage all files that you have uploaded."
"5.67 MB of 25.00 MB Used"

This is more general than just here but I'm not a fan of the new "new posts" behaviour. I get pages and pages of posts every time. Yeah, there's a thing that tells me when I'm done, but I liked the old way better. Others may love it though.

Gordon

Back