Amin Requested feedback.

Did the following:

Click on the Gallery button, then "My Albums";
Create New album; Click Upload Pictures;

Get the attachment Manager that states 25MByte limit with 5.67MBytes used. Those are the Mt Vernon images loaded yesterday.

"File Upload Manager- Manage all files that you have uploaded."
"5.67 MB of 25.00 MB Used"

The forum software has separate settings for max total album storage and max total attachment storage. It seems like the albums use attachment storage, which is very confusing. I set both to 100MB now - please let me know if that fixed the issue...

This is more general than just here but I'm not a fan of the new "new posts" behaviour. I get pages and pages of posts every time. Yeah, there's a thing that tells me when I'm done, but I liked the old way better. Others may love it though.

Gordon

It's definitely a change that some like, some don't. One issue is that the new way is causing memory errors requiring us to upgrade the server, so I'm considering reverting it. But more people seem to like the new way, so probably I have to pony up.

Images in the following thread are not showing up after the server migration:

https://www.leicaplace.com/f13/carl-zeiss-jena-5cm-f1-5-1934-converted-leica-thread-mount-75/

The BB code pulls images from the gallery, which are still there- but acting strange. When selecting the image to get to the BB code in the gallery, the image DOES NOT show up on the page. When looking at the album as a whole, the images are there.

Used "Reply with Quotes" to paste it here:

The F1.5 Sonnar is amazing, 7 elements in 3 groups. This uncoated lens has near perfect glass with a nice bloom on it. The glass on the F1.5 lens is more durable than that of the F2. It is common to find the F1.5 lens with glass that cleans up nicely. The F2 lens- glass is softer, much like the Leica Summar.

Converted to Leica mount using a Jupiter-3 focus mount assembled from parts.

64-sonnar-160.jpg

The color rendition from this lens is very, very nice.

Wide-open.

71-34sonnar-f15.jpg

The bloom (glass tarnish) acts like a lens coating.

On the Monochrom:

65-l1000714.jpg

Also: The "EDIT POST" option has a time-out on Leicaplace, I seem to remember it being much longer before. It would be nice to have it left On for sample image threads and adapted image threads. Sometimes things get moved, and Edit is helpful for updates.

The images are showing again- so maybe just a glitch from the server migration.

It's hard to be patient when everything is measured in sub-microsecond speeds.

I tried using a content delivery network from Google to speed up the site, which seems to have caused widespread DNS propagation-related glitchiness. I reversed the changes and expect things to go back to normal by the end of the day. Sorry about that.

I have a strange login problem. When I log in it seems that it is unsuccessful. But when I click on threads or "new posts" it says I am logged in ?? Does that make sense?

I am using firefox on a Mac pro.

Hi Vidar, that happens to me sometimes too. Is it keeping you logged in after that or do you have to keep logging in?

I would like to see more pictures on this forum.

Maybe we could have a little photo competition? Don´t have to have a price to the winner, maybe it can say something like "competiton winner" under the name of the winner? Could be prize enough:)

What do you think Amin?

I would like to see more pictures on this forum.

Maybe we could have a little photo competition? Don´t have to have a price to the winner, maybe it can say something like "competiton winner" under the name of the winner? Could be prize enough:)

What do you think Amin?

it could be like on mu-43 where we have a 3 day challenge and the winner chooses the next subject

Sorry - I just started a new job so haven't had a chance to reply. I like the idea of a weekly challenge. Anyone want to start things off?

Back