Amphibians

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
From a nature walk with a couple of local biologists. X-T1 + Pentax-M 50mm 1.4.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Britanica

Veteran
Sep 22, 2016
Britanica
They may gross people out but I personally love frogs and newts! haha Very nice set of pictures. What kind of frog is that?

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
They may gross people out but I personally love frogs and newts! haha Very nice set of pictures. What kind of frog is that?
It is a Wood Frog, one of our most common frogs. The newt is a Red EFT, the juvenile stage of a Red Spotted Newt. As a juvenile, they are strictly terrestrial, but as they mature, they get considerably larger and spend their time in or near water. They are also quite toxic to predators, which explains their willingness to be out in the open.

Britanica

Veteran
Sep 22, 2016
Britanica
It is a Wood Frog, one of our most common frogs. The newt is a Red EFT, the juvenile stage of a Red Spotted Newt. As a juvenile, they are strictly terrestrial, but as they mature, they get considerably larger and spend their time in or near water. They are also quite toxic to predators, which explains their willingness to be out in the open.
Very cool stuff! We have a lot of the gray tree frogs around here. They love to use my pool to mate in before it gets opened for the summer. At night it sounds like a jungle! haha I had a paddle-tail newt for 5 or so years. They are some amazing creatures. Very smart too!

Latest threads

Top Bottom