An American Original

ReD

Hall of Famer
This Photo is superb - No Question it would be on my wall.

The only bug I have is the mottling of the sky over the "J" - what can be done about this? I wonder if its inherent in the Fuji's generally

pniev

Student for life
A great pic indeeda,

The only bug I have is the mottling of the sky over the "J" - what can be done about this? I wonder if its inherent in the Fuji's generally

entropic remnants

Hall of Famer
Real Name
John Griggs

Thanks!

With regard to the sky: that sort of thing is inherent in the compression of jpg compression and is usually "underneath" any threshold of visibility -- but in this case I ENHANCED it rather than suppressed it. I like the way it almost looks like convection distortion above the radiator. I'm sorry if it seems off but it was a deliberate inclusion.

ReD

Hall of Famer
I totally understand where you are coming from John & agree with the convection distortion - perhaps this could be enhanced

I've used haze filter to soften this sort of feature in the past with varying degrees of success

entropic remnants

Hall of Famer
Real Name
John Griggs
I totally understand where you are coming from John & agree with the convection distortion - perhaps this could be enhanced

I've used haze filter to soften this sort of feature in the past with varying degrees of success

It's a "creative choice" I made to wildly enhance the blue contrast in the photo to pull it out. I discovered that look by accident when I "went too far" with an adjustment, but I liked what it looked like and went with it.

Sometimes, a "flaw" in an image can be exploited -- and sometimes it simply can't, lol. But we have the tools to support our choice either way and that's a good thing!

Latest threads

Top Bottom