Fuji An early Christmas present from Fuji for X-E1, X-E2, X-Pro1 and X-T1 users

Crsnydertx

Top Veteran
Real Name
Chuck
I knew this was coming today, but the Mrs needed the XT for our daughter's dance recital this afternoon (that I can't make it to). So... tomorrow. :(

Kyle, a little late to bring this up now....but the firmware was available before 0600 CST this morning. Took about 10 minutes, half of which was finding a suitable SD card for performing the update. So you could have had your XT1 updated before the family was awake!

I'm getting a XE-2 (probably tomorrow) and I'd appreciate impressions on the firmware upgrade for this model.

Once again, kudos to Fuji for supporting their user base in such a manner.

KillRamsey

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Kyle
One issue I've found with AF+MF: My focus aid was Magnify before this upgrade, but I found I couldn't really keep using it with AF+MF. As soon as I'd turn the focus ring, it would magnify (of course), but there was no way to get it to UNmagnify back to the full frame so I could reframe. So now I'm trying out the digital split image.

Ya know, I took a photo of my wife yesterday with the X Pro1 and my new 35/f2 and it had a really nice "creamy" look. I did the upgrade, took a similar picture this morning and I swear it looks, geez, I dunno, harsher? Admittedly, not exactly the same framing etc. but it is making me wonder. Maybe the focus is just more precise now or I missed the focus in the first shot. Admittedly, the first shot was at f2 and this mornings image was at 2.8. I guess some more images are definitely in order. Note the very not scientific LR comparison below. 'Just thinking out loud here.
. . . David
X Pro1 35mm Firmware Upgrade.jpg

KillRamsey

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Kyle
Biggest difference to my eye is f2 vs f2.8. At f2, that lens is wide open, and that does cause it to soften up a little, I would think, just like the 23 f2 on the X100 series. That looks EXACTLY what the X100 does wide open vs stopped down even one stop.

Latest threads

Top Bottom