Fuji An early Christmas present from Fuji for X-E1, X-E2, X-Pro1 and X-T1 users

I knew this was coming today, but the Mrs needed the XT for our daughter's dance recital this afternoon (that I can't make it to). So... tomorrow. :(

Kyle, a little late to bring this up now....but the firmware was available before 0600 CST this morning. Took about 10 minutes, half of which was finding a suitable SD card for performing the update. So you could have had your XT1 updated before the family was awake!

I'm getting a XE-2 (probably tomorrow) and I'd appreciate impressions on the firmware upgrade for this model.

Once again, kudos to Fuji for supporting their user base in such a manner.

One issue I've found with AF+MF: My focus aid was Magnify before this upgrade, but I found I couldn't really keep using it with AF+MF. As soon as I'd turn the focus ring, it would magnify (of course), but there was no way to get it to UNmagnify back to the full frame so I could reframe. So now I'm trying out the digital split image.

Ya know, I took a photo of my wife yesterday with the X Pro1 and my new 35/f2 and it had a really nice "creamy" look. I did the upgrade, took a similar picture this morning and I swear it looks, geez, I dunno, harsher? Admittedly, not exactly the same framing etc. but it is making me wonder. Maybe the focus is just more precise now or I missed the focus in the first shot. Admittedly, the first shot was at f2 and this mornings image was at 2.8. I guess some more images are definitely in order. Note the very not scientific LR comparison below. 'Just thinking out loud here.
. . . David
X Pro1 35mm Firmware Upgrade.jpg

Biggest difference to my eye is f2 vs f2.8. At f2, that lens is wide open, and that does cause it to soften up a little, I would think, just like the 23 f2 on the X100 series. That looks EXACTLY what the X100 does wide open vs stopped down even one stop.

Back