An early review of Luminar 3 with Libraries

How did you get Luminar 3, Kevin? Is it a beta?
I recently signed up our community as an affiliate and, after the press embargo ended on the 6th, Skylum sent out a bunch of marketing materials along with a link to Luminar 3 installer to try out. It installs along side Luminar 2018 so I've been using both now for the past week or so. I don't know if it's considered a beta version but the version # reports itself as "Luminar 3 3.0.0 (1388)" and no updates have been made available since I first installed it.

I haven't posted it elsewhere yet but I've also reached out to Skylum about getting an additional coupon code for us. During the pre-order (where people get Luminar 2018 now and then a new Luminar 3 license on the 18th) the price is down to $59 instead of $69 but by using our Luminar affiliate link (https://macphun.evyy.net/9Lz5E) and then entering "CAMERADERIE" as the coupon code an additional $10 comes off bringing the price down to just $49. :cool:

What do we need to provide to get Luminar 3 for free? I'll have to dig through my e-mails for the license code I'm guessing.
If you log into your Skylum account at Sign in to your Skylum account you should see something similar to this...
upload_2018-12-10_18-33-16.png

I'm going to gibe the trial version a go. If it can handle images from the M Monochrom, ie Flat-DNG, it would be worth it. I am running LR6 standalone, and have Creative Cloud for a year for my daughter's IT course. After the year is up, I do not plan on renewing it. LR 6 handles all of my cameras, the Df being the newest. I hacked LR4 to work on Df files. But for $49- worth a look.

It certainly takes a very long time to install.

The install stalled, did a system rollback. If they want to get sales based on the trial download, they have some work to do.

Has anyone run flat-DNG files through Luminar?

Which OS and what version of the installer (L3 or L2018)? If L3 I can forward it to our contact.
Win7 SP1, HP I7 Laptop with 8GB ram. Looks like Luminar 2018, I checked the follow-up Email. "In case you haven’t downloaded Luminar 2018 yet:"

The downloaded file is "Luminar_2018_Setup.exe", 392MByte filesize.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's considered a beta version but the version # reports itself as "Luminar 3 3.0.0 (1388)" and no updates have been made available since I first installed it.
Build 1471 of Luminar 3 was pushed out today; I noticed the dialog box had the product title as "Luminar 3 Media Pre-Release" so it looks like the code is still being tweaked. The accompanying email just said bug fixes but I don't see a log anywhere that goes into detail what the changes were.
Has anyone run flat-DNG files through Luminar?
If you give me the "Dummies Guide to flat-DNG Files" instructions I'll be more than happy to try any experiments. :LOL:
The downloaded file is "Luminar_2018_Setup.exe"
That's the current 2018 version, for that you'd need to go through their normal support channels until the new version hits the streets.

Back