An evening of dominos with my valentines

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
Last night, my wife and I played some dominos and shared a bottle of Prosecco, while Paul Desmond played on the stereo and the dogs slept. It was a perfect Valentine evening with my 3 best buddies. I almost never make photos anymore, but something made me go grab my X100.

24677209469_9fe8bfaa8d_b.jpg
DSCF7014
by Luke, on Flickr

24926791322_2a34c9f421_b.jpg
DSCF7013
by Luke, on Flickr

I always tell her NOT to pose for the camera, but she never listens......

24749262670_6bb19a1bfe_b.jpg
DSCF7017
by Luke, on Flickr

Here she is planning her next move. I'm sure she doesn't like this photo. But I like the sparse composition and Charlie's expression.

24926799032_a7871ed9e1_b.jpg
DSCF7028
by Luke, on Flickr

Lucy is a little less interested in the game and hoping to see a deer walk by the window like earlier in the day.

24418040663_7c670f3723_b.jpg
DSCF7026
by Luke, on Flickr

after awhile with no action, she goes back to sleep while Paul Desmond blows his horn (I highly recommend "Bossa Antigua" with Jim Hall ......

25044891625_8a0072a442_b.jpg
DSCF7038
by Luke, on Flickr

24418016563_91e95ac61c_b.jpg
DSCF7033
by Luke, on Flickr

25018529406_9dc8de9215_b.jpg
DSCF7031
by Luke, on Flickr

24677203059_39bb60418b_b.jpg
DSCF7015
by Luke, on Flickr

Cool series, looks like a nice Valentine's night to me. Thanks for the tip on Bossa Antigua - listening to a youtube clip in the background while I type this.

Oh yeah, and we have Sonos setup here as well. =)

Cool series, looks like a nice Valentine's night to me. Thanks for the tip on Bossa Antigua - listening to a youtube clip in the background while I type this.

Oh yeah, and we have Sonos setup here as well. =)

This room was formerly serviced by a Play 5 speaker. After bumping into a killer deal on an amazing turntable last year, I decided to put together a proper full-on stereo set-up. I am enjoying music more in the last month than I have in YEARS. Thanks to the Sonos Connect (and that ridiculous turntable).

This room was formerly serviced by a Play 5 speaker. After bumping into a killer deal on an amazing turntable last year, I decided to put together a proper full-on stereo set-up. I am enjoying music more in the last month than I have in YEARS. Thanks to the Sonos Connect (and that ridiculous turntable).

Yeah, we just have one Sonos Connect right now (small house), but it is pretty fun to have around.

What turntable did you get?

Yeah, we just have one Sonos Connect right now (small house), but it is pretty fun to have around.

What turntable did you get?

If you decide you want to add an extra speaker somewhere in the use and want to save on used (like new) Play 5, just let me know. :D

The turntable is an Immedia RPM-2 with a Graham Engineering tonearm. I think the guy seriously undervalued the turntable. Unfortunately, that "cheap" used turntable ended up in my buying an exotic cartridge, and a used pair of speakers an integrated amp that cost me more than my first 3 cars (combined). It's a darned good thing I sold off most of my cameras last year. I wasn't really using them anyways....and that stereo gets use every day and has the added benefit of me watching a LOT less TV.

That is a beautiful looking, and I bet sounding, table. Congratulations on the deal!

I had a friend with a hifi store that, unfortunately, had to close when the economy got tight. He sold me some awesome speakers at cost that were way above my pay grade. I am holding on to them forever, because it was hard enough to convince my wife at half price. The Stars will not align again! ;) Oh yah, He also sold me a barely used Shelter 501mkii for cheap. Hope that thing lasts a while!

Back