Panasonic An Ongoing LX3 Review

jorgeledesma

Regular
Hello guys/gals,

Ever since joining the forum, I've been most amazed by the camaraderie that exists among the SC members and I just wanted to share that I've written what I call "an ongoing review of the LX3" which might serve new prospective forum members with a reference point on which to start that's that filled with brick wall shots and coins. Its a user based review focus on the things that I use the most in the picture creating mode.

blue-sky-pe.jpg

I talk about:
  • Street Photography
  • Portrait Photography
  • and eventually much more abstract, landscape, and architecture as well.

I'm also writing this article in comparison with my Ricoh GRD3 which essentially the LX3 has replaced. So perhaps this is something to new and old users as well. LX3, An Ongoing user based Review

Cool. The LX3 has been my carry-everywhere compact since 2008. Mine's starting to get a little scuffed around the edges, has lost a screw somewhere, and the mode wheel's started getting a little jittery, so I've been keeping my eyes open for a successor. But no luck so far; I just haven't found any comparable camera that suits me this well. I've strongly considered trying a GRD, though, based on the reviews here and elsewhere, so your perspective is interesting.

I took a trip to the UK with my girlfriend this past autumn. My Panasonic G3 was my main kit, but I took at least as many keepers with the LX3. I took along a Raynox wide-angle attachment for some inconspicuous street shooting, and had my usual Dynamic B&W configuration in slot C1 for one-handed shooting out of pocket. Lots of fun!

Cool. The LX3 has been my carry-everywhere compact since 2008. Mine's starting to get a little scuffed around the edges, has lost a screw somewhere, and the mode wheel's started getting a little jittery, so I've been keeping my eyes open for a successor. But no luck so far; I just haven't found any comparable camera that suits me this well. I've strongly considered trying a GRD, though, based on the reviews here and elsewhere, so your perspective is interesting.

I took a trip to the UK with my girlfriend this past autumn. My Panasonic G3 was my main kit, but I took at least as many keepers with the LX3. I took along a Raynox wide-angle attachment for some inconspicuous street shooting, and had my usual Dynamic B&W configuration in slot C1 for one-handed shooting out of pocket. Lots of fun!

Excellent Bryan glad it help. Its really a tough situation to be in "looking for a successor." Been there, done that, and glad its over. There is more to come as I continue to explore its intricacies a bit more. Cheers.

Back