Analog cameras

Too many to count
Some 15 Leica's from the Leica I(a) to Leica M3
Some 10 Contax variants
Several Graflex cameras; Top Handle, Anniversary, Pre-Anniversary, Pacemaker, AutoGraflex RB and fixed-back.
Too many medium format folders
A veritable wall of box cameras
And too many other 35mm cameras from the 1930s to 1980s

Topcon RE Super
Olympus OM-1MD
Olympus OM-1n
Rollei 35 (Singapore made)
Canon EOS620
Polaroid SX70

The SLRs all has some sort of system around it, be it lenses, flashes and such. All of them are family cameras of sorts, iow either inherited or bought by me, back when they were current. The Canon is what I used up to around 2005.

Quite a bit more than digital ones! Um, counting only those I actually use – or think I'll yet use: Leica M4 and CL, Rollei 35S and 35B, Yashica FX-D, Nikon FM, Zeiss Ikon Nettar, Kiev 4. Oh, and there's that funny bakelite Pouva Start medium format point and shoot I'll put a roll through once this current darkness has passed! :D

What I don't think I'll be using: some Konica Autoreflexes, one Canon FD something, a few broken compacts, a Canon Ixus APS film camera, ...

I've had a number of them. Right now I have a slightly banged-up Pentax MX, to go with my Pentax lenses as I acquire and play with them on the K-1 II. Also a Petri Color 35, a real oddball which I may end up selling, but want to play with more. My main gripe is that it's zone focus only, yet you have to look through the viewfinder to see your distance scale. I just really haven't warmed up to that, squinting through a small viewfinder while simultaneously estimating distances is just no fun. Otherwise it's a super cool little camera.

I've owned (and shot with) :
  • Olympus XA
  • Olympus OM-1
  • Pentax K1000
  • Ricoh 500G
  • Konica FS-1
  • Voigtlander Bessa-T
  • Minox 35 (can't remember which version)
And possibly some others I'm forgetting. Most of the above ones I have a fondness for, but I'm strict with myself about hanging onto cameras I don't use, plus I fund new acquisitions primarily from selling old ones. I've had a lot more analogue cameras I haven't actually used, but bought for kitted lenses or what-not, and resold.

A bunch of Fuji instax and Polaroids.
A mamiya c330 pro
Yashica electro e5000
Kodak signet
Zeiss ikon
A speed graphic

I use the instax and the mamiya and yashica. The rest are just items on a shelf at this point. They all work, just don’t really put the effort in to use them.

Back