And another gets on

Welcome over! I think I like M4/3 better for having made some forays into different formats, and still shooting a couple of them. There's no reason to be defensive (as some Mu-43 folks are), if M4/3 were actually an "inferior format" I could better see why people would be defensive.

Welcome across the river Fred. Post some pics when you can :)
I started sharing photos before introducing myself. I keep seeing threads where I think "Oh! I have one for that!"
Welcome aboard Fred, good to have another Mu43 friend join us.
Well, umm, last night I bought an old Sony A7ii so I may start selling off some u43 stuff...

I started sharing photos before introducing myself. I keep seeing threads where I think "Oh! I have one for that!"

Well, umm, last night I bought an old Sony A7ii so I may start selling off some u43 stuff...
I bought some Sony stuff but currently have no plans to divest myself of my G9 and associated glass. Unless operating two systems becomes an issue I would prefer to keep it around. I have thinned the heard, though. My GX9 is gone, but I never really loved that camera they way I do the G9. I had already thinned out my lenses and am down to what I actually use. I may get rid of the Samyang 85 1.4, but other than that I am as thinned as I want to be.

Late to the show, as is so often the case, but yes, Welcome. After a long spell of posting only occasionally, I've been posting more often too. As for defending your gear: If you enjoy using this or that equipment and you actually take pictures with it, all's well. I've moved on from what are considered technically superior cameras because I enjoy shooting with the so-called less well equipped -- moving from the Sony RX1 to the Leica X113 being a case in point. It's not that the Sony wasn't wonderful, it's just the Leica is more enjoyable to shoot for me. As for using 43 system: I love my Pen F and the original EM5, and between Panasonic and Olympus I usually go with Olympus, as much out of habit as anything. I've gotten used to the way they do things over many decades, but one of my favorite go-to lenses is the Panasonic 20mm f1.7, a really sweet piece of glass. Some of us want to shoot pictures with cameras we like, experimenting along the way, and yes, talking about gear because that's our tools. I have favorite wrenches, too, some of them plain old reliable Craftsman. But others want to fight about how great their own choices are and what fools the rest of us are. It's best to go elsewhere and leave them to their delusions of grandeur.

Back