Fuji "And I'm Down to Seeds & Stems Again..."

You know who your buddy races with? Or is he not on a team? I may have a shot of him, depending on his category.
I'm not sure what team he's on. I think he mentioned it once and it was some clever name around... bikes. I believe the team is sponsored by or affiliated with Citybikes? You'd think I just met the guy but I've known him for several years and sat across from him for the past year at work. =]

BTW, Kyle, best thread title in quite a while. :D I finally broke down and picked up a used xe3 body. I never got around to selling the 35 1.4 so at least I still have a lens. I do have that old Xpro 1 if you are aching to change lenses :rofl:

Last edited:
Best thread title ever.
Ohhhh the seeds. Crackle and pop in the worst kinda way. ( :

Steve.
What's your first impression of the XE3?
It arrives tomorrow. I plan to use it as a light walk around camera to complement my EM1 ii. I could easily see me getting another 27, which is small and really sharp. I sold the first one with the xt20. As I’ve said, I go back and forth with Fuji.

I may not use the 27 constantly, but I could never get rid of it. Too tiny (while being acceptably good in other areas). Sometimes tiny is the most important factor.

I got the XE3 today. The body is small and light but feels great in the hand. I really like the joystick to move the AF point. The only problem I have is the touchscreen. The Q menu works great. The swipes, however are eratic at best. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t. Maybe my fingers aren’t conductive enough.

I turned it off. You may run out of buttons, but you don’t need the swipes. The q menu is powered by the rear dial and the joystick. I’m not sure if there’s anything you can’t do without the touchscreen, but so far so good.

I turned it off at first but recently turned it back on mainly for auto ISO. Swiping to open and using the joystick for fine control works pretty good too.

I know I've occasionally been trying to swipe my phone open and nothing happens for a few tries. Maybe it's just my fingers. I just assigned iso to a real button. I don't need to have as much on the fly access to many functions as others. Anyway, here's one of the few shots I managed to take in "good" light. It's been raining for two days.
raindrops.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

SO tempted to save the $ and get the XE3 instead of an XT3. I would miss the tilting screen, and sometime maybe a slight performance gap vs the T, but ... a nice clean used XE3 is half the price.

Shutter speed: I'd use it, but I've been fine with 1/4000 for 5+ years.
Weather Sealing: I never let the camera get actually WET wet, I shelter it carefully if I have to shoot in the rain. Not a big concern.
Viewfinder size: How is it compared to the XT1?
Respect of my peers: One cannot lose ... that which one does not have.

The viewfinder is going to be noticeably smaller. Which may not matter to you. Just throwing out some questions to consider before you are committed.

I’ve only had the xt10 and 20 which, i’ve read, have the same evf as the xe3. It seems smaller than some others I’ve used but it’s fine for framing.

Last edited:
Back