Fuji ...and so it starts...

Iansky

All-Pro
Dec 8, 2011
Cotswolds, UK
Hi Bill,

Firstly let me ask you about the bag, it looks fantastic so do you mind sharing with me where you got it from?

I did put a fully charged battery in my camera when I unpacked it and left it overnight, touch wood all settings have remained as set - last took photos on Sat but after reading your email I have just checked it and all the settings are still as I set them so fingers crossed all remains so.

I did use a battery that I have had with my X-Pro1 so it has had a number of cycles rather than being a new one requiring a charge - not sure that has anything to do with it though.

I have noticed it is considerably faster in all aspects than the X-pro1 which will now serve as my backup and borrowed my friends 55-200 just as a group of swans flew over head, had it in continuous and focus tracking............it caught them and here a couple of my first images.

Loving this new camera!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 13, 2011
Sunny Frimley
Bill Palmer
Cracking stuff there, Ian.

The bag is a special limited edition leather one, from Fuji Switzerland via FujiLove. It's made by the unfortunately-named Pajass. They are a Swiss luggage and leathergoods company. I've explored their website and I think it is their "Kauai" model. It is gorgeous on the outside, but a bit basic and fiddly in - I have replaced the innards with a Billingham Hadley Small insert and put on a shoulderpad. Now it does the job ;)

Iansky

All-Pro
Dec 8, 2011
Cotswolds, UK
Thanks Bill, I am trying to look for a nice bag (not stupidly expensive though) that I can put the X-Pro2, Xpro1, 18mm, 35mm, 56mm, 55-200, EFX-20 flash and 3 spare batterries yet I don't want it look too obvious.........I am currently using a 2nd world war canvas gas mask case and then a Billingham for my DSLR kit.

Aug 13, 2011
Sunny Frimley
Bill Palmer
Ah, I know that problem. A Hadley Pro insert is your answer... That plus a trip along your local high street to Gap, Next, even M&S and the like. My most used bigger bag is a Hadley insert - which will take what you have listed - inside a waxed cotton messenger bag which cost me about twenty quid from Next. I have added a Domke USPS shoulder pad and I can carry it all day. It's big enough for a load of other bits and bobs, and a light sweater, gloves, hat, scarf, etc. I'll pop off a photo tomorrow to show you what I mean. It looks like nothing...

Iansky

All-Pro
Dec 8, 2011
Cotswolds, UK
Thanks Bill, I will look out for something similar - hope you are getting on well with the XP2? I am not usually a zoom lens person but tried my friends 55-200 and amazed at the IQ, MPB had a mint one used for £344 so picked it up and it is superb for shows etc but will still carry my 3 primes for most uses.

I am so impressed with my Fuji's and the XP2 that I am contemplating a serious look at the XT2 when it arrives and if it has even better AF Tracking than the XP2 I may seriously consider trading in my large/heavy full frame kit and going totally Fuji - time will tell though.

Latest threads

Top Bottom