Fuji ...and so it starts...

Hi Bill,

Firstly let me ask you about the bag, it looks fantastic so do you mind sharing with me where you got it from?

I did put a fully charged battery in my camera when I unpacked it and left it overnight, touch wood all settings have remained as set - last took photos on Sat but after reading your email I have just checked it and all the settings are still as I set them so fingers crossed all remains so.

I did use a battery that I have had with my X-Pro1 so it has had a number of cycles rather than being a new one requiring a charge - not sure that has anything to do with it though.

I have noticed it is considerably faster in all aspects than the X-pro1 which will now serve as my backup and borrowed my friends 55-200 just as a group of swans flew over head, had it in continuous and focus tracking............it caught them and here a couple of my first images.

Loving this new camera!!!!

XPro2.20.jpg
XPro2.6.jpg
XPro2.11.jpg
XPro2.18.jpg
XPro2.19.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cracking stuff there, Ian.

The bag is a special limited edition leather one, from Fuji Switzerland via FujiLove. It's made by the unfortunately-named Pajass. They are a Swiss luggage and leathergoods company. I've explored their website and I think it is their "Kauai" model. It is gorgeous on the outside, but a bit basic and fiddly in - I have replaced the innards with a Billingham Hadley Small insert and put on a shoulderpad. Now it does the job ;)

Thanks Bill, I am trying to look for a nice bag (not stupidly expensive though) that I can put the X-Pro2, Xpro1, 18mm, 35mm, 56mm, 55-200, EFX-20 flash and 3 spare batterries yet I don't want it look too obvious.........I am currently using a 2nd world war canvas gas mask case and then a Billingham for my DSLR kit.

Ah, I know that problem. A Hadley Pro insert is your answer... That plus a trip along your local high street to Gap, Next, even M&S and the like. My most used bigger bag is a Hadley insert - which will take what you have listed - inside a waxed cotton messenger bag which cost me about twenty quid from Next. I have added a Domke USPS shoulder pad and I can carry it all day. It's big enough for a load of other bits and bobs, and a light sweater, gloves, hat, scarf, etc. I'll pop off a photo tomorrow to show you what I mean. It looks like nothing...

Thanks Bill, I will look out for something similar - hope you are getting on well with the XP2? I am not usually a zoom lens person but tried my friends 55-200 and amazed at the IQ, MPB had a mint one used for £344 so picked it up and it is superb for shows etc but will still carry my 3 primes for most uses.

I am so impressed with my Fuji's and the XP2 that I am contemplating a serious look at the XT2 when it arrives and if it has even better AF Tracking than the XP2 I may seriously consider trading in my large/heavy full frame kit and going totally Fuji - time will tell though.

Back