Another breakup.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
I have now owned and sold an E-P2, an E-PL1 and my recent purchase an E-P1. Can't seem to get used to the Pens. Also swapped a G1 for a GH1.

Bought a Fuji "bridge camera" (HS10) which has a 24-720mm (30x) zoom plus 1cm macro. It's close in size and weight to the GH1, which I'll keep. Will probably sell my 7-14 and 100-300 lenses.

Tempted by an X100 - oops I didn't say that!! :daz: Must wait for the second generation by Fuji. :cool:

Luckily I'm not as fickle in personal relationships as I am with cameras. :)

I've owned an E-1 and an E-3, and E-330, two E-500s (one I/R) and an E-510 not to mention a C-5050 and a C-7070 so have been a long time Oly fan. I think my preference comes down to the form factor (dslr-like) with a decent grip and a VF plus flash on board.

So my concerns are not photographic output - and I still love Oly colours. I think Oly has dropped the ball with the 4 Pens being released so close together in time and in terms of any real advances over one another. I also prefer Pana glass for micro 4/3 - again something I never thought I'd say.

When it comes to the EX1, I tolerate its form factor because I do want a discreet option and I like its output.

Hello Bill. Congrats on your HS10. Guess you will get "addicted" to long zoom soon. I still have a Konica Minolta Z camera with 12 times optical zoom. Why did you buy the HS10 instead of an uktra zoom camera from Nikon, Pan or Canon?
How's output of the HS10, maybe you can post your thoughts with pros and contras about the HS10?

Thanks Herman. I had a soft spot for Fuji for some time and the HS10 has a lens that covers 4 lenses on my GH1. It also shoots video at 1000 frames per second (small size of 224x64 pixels) and other sizes up to full HD (1920x1080) at 30 fps.

The image quality is quite good and it shoots RAW + Jpeg (but writes RAW slowly). It has 7 fps burst in Jpg and 5 fps in RAW but the buffer does take time to clear. It also does in-camera HDR and sweep panorama (again at lower resolutions).

In short I can capture sport photos with the grandkids and take macros or slow-mo videos if ther's no action - it just seemed a fun camera. It is last year's model but was good buying at $250 secondhand.

I'm recouping money by selling the E-P1 and some lenses - there may be an X1xx in my future.

Back