Another Capture One Question

Name
Tim Williams
I have Fuji Express C1 and am going to pull the trigger most likely on one of the Pro versions. I don't think I will use all the extra Styles so my choice is down to the Subscription or the next level up. I will buy the styles as I feel a need for them. The subscription I hear will always have the latest version, but My question is won't the others as well or is the perpetual license only for that version. I might step up for the Basic Styles version if I know I will use them. Coming from Lightroom, I used Nik and that was it. New territory here after being with Adobe forever.

When you buy a license, it is only for the version you are getting i.e. Capture One Pro 12. You get all of the updates made to version 12. But when version 13 is released, you will have to buy that at the upgrade price. With the subscription, then yes, you will always have the current version. I am thinking of moving to the subscription plan of the Fuji Pro version.

Anytime. I would hate for you to have shelled out $300 or so. Only to find out you have to pay $150 to upgrade. Those are prices for the full pro version. But you get the point.

At $16 a month for the Fuji pro version, it comes out to about the same as for me to upgrade my full pro version. I'm not shooting anything but Fuji cameras. So switching to the Fuji version should be all I need.

Well the shot of the College I took this morning was the last of Lightroom. It was noisy but with a 6.5 sec exposure I expected as much with Lightroom. ISO was only 1600 so the X-T1 is better for sure. Anyway I removed Lightroom from the Desktop so all my adjustments will be with Capture 1. I left Photoshop 2019 on the computer as it seems to be acting like it should now. I will pull it in June when my subscription runs out and go with Affinity.

I bought Capture One Pro Fuji version. I got the subscription version paid for a year up front. I have loaded it numerous times , have a License key and receipt # and it keeps loading Express. It tells me my key is invalid and that there was no record of a purchase. I have emailed support and will see what they have to say, but I'm tempted to stop this transaction. I'll see shortly.

I had a similar problem but Support sorted it out for me. When you activate the software you have a number of choices about which version to use, Express, Sony, Full version etc. I assumed the licence number would be the same as the express version, which of course it wasn't. Support will help you out. They're really good.

Why does C1 tell me my image is corrupted or the wrong format and Offline. I'm shooting RAW plus jpeg and when I had Express I sent pics to Photoshop seamlessly. Now suddenly that's a no go. If someone has a quick answer that's great, I'll start digging through the help menu.

Sounds a bit like a catalogue issue if it's not finding your images but other than that I can't help - mine worked seamlessly when I change from C1EX to full C1. Why not ask Support again - they'll help you out.

Getting laughable now. Went from 94 images that I could open but said Offline over them to none I can open. Still says there's 94 images most of the time. Sometimes it says 1. Doesn't matter I can't open any. No word from support yet. I reinstalled Lightroom for the time being. Maybe I'm just an Adobe kind of guy Lol.

Well that about wraps this up. Now my Laptop is doing the same thing. I selected 3 images and immediately they all said Offline over them and I could not remove them or send them back to the tray. Think I may be done here.

Back