Film Another go with Caffenal and Kodachrome

480sparky

Regular
Name
Ken
Managed to snag some ascorbic acid this morning... haven't been able to find any locally for months now. But with some in hand now, resumed my project of shooting some old Kodachrome and developing it in caffenol.

I just fired off 6 frames to test the solution, and the ascorbic acid sure makes a HUGE difference. Without it, the film was dark and muddy, with very little contrast. Took a lot of editing to even get a decent image.

Add the ascorbic acid, and the negatives just pop right off the film base!

b1b48f3e-7320-4bde-9925-ec678f9939fc.jpg

Pardon the water spots..... this was just a test run.

Yeah. Definitely need the ascorbic acid. Looks like it turned out well. As soon as I've finished off the rest of my standard developing chemicals, I'm going all in on Caffenol for all my film.

Yeah. Definitely need the ascorbic acid. Looks like it turned out well. As soon as I've finished off the rest of my standard developing chemicals, I'm going all in on Caffenol for all my film.

When I was preparing to get into film, I tracked down all the ingredients for Caffenol C, Ascorbid Acid and all, then a nice deal over a bag of Xtol and a set of Rapid Fixer showed up, the DIY stuff is on the backburner, once my Xtol stash dies out or is depleted, I'll give it a shot too.

Managed to snag some ascorbic acid this morning... haven't been able to find any locally for months now. But with some in hand now, resumed my project of shooting some old Kodachrome and developing it in caffenol.

I just fired off 6 frames to test the solution, and the ascorbic acid sure makes a HUGE difference. Without it, the film was dark and muddy, with very little contrast. Took a lot of editing to even get a decent image.

Add the ascorbic acid, and the negatives just pop right off the film base!

Pardon the water spots..... this was just a test run.

Sparky, could you share a scan of your negative straight out of your caffenol mix? It does seem like a nice result, but wondering how a K-14 looks like right out of the Caffenol.

Thanks for sharing!

.........Sparky, could you share a scan of your negative straight out of your caffenol mix? It does seem like a nice result, but wondering how a K-14 looks like right out of the Caffenol.

Thanks for sharing!

Caffenol%20C%20unedited%20post.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back