Another newbie here

Ilyaz

Good Day Everyone,

Greeting from Maryland, where it's finally Spring!

I am an amateur "digital point-and-shoot" kind of guy. Still prefer my Canon SX50HS over smartphones, for its 50X optical zoom! I have to admit, I used to be more active when my boys were young. Now they are taller than me and so I have to pick a different subject for my photos.
clear.png

My reason for joining this forum is a bit different, though. From time to time I come across old photo equipment that people simply throw away. I pick it up. I guess you can call it dumpster diving... Most of the time I have a very vague idea of what it is I am grabbing, I just love to save stuff from landfill and try giving it second life. Which means learning about my finds and also finding people who could put this equipment to good use. Can I use this forum to do both?

Thank you!

Welcome Ilyaz.

While many here are bleeding edge camera hounds, because of the sheer volume of camera purchases we have made in total, there is very likely NO camera you could find in your dumpster diving that hasn't been shot by someone here before.

Have fun and share some photos when you get time.

Welcome aboard, Ilyaz! There's an Open Gear forum that would be perfect for your contributions about your finds. And, of course, there's a Buy, Sell and Trade forum. I think you'll find we're a friendly lot.

Back