Another one bites the dust

This place is just going to keep benefiting. So good news I guess?
I get where you're coming from, but I tend not to revel in the misery of others ... No offense meant, of course - I just think that these times don't need more stress put on people, whatever the cause.

We'll have to wait and see if there is another influx of new members.

Strange coincidence: Today, I was thinking again about my decision to get out of the X mount. I admit I have a much harder time with this than I had with letting go of the E mount - and I tend to be pretty pragmatic when it comes to keeping (or trading/selling) gear these days. In many ways, the X mount system just feels like APS-C mirrorless done right (for enthusiasts).

M.

Not much misery on that Fuji X Forum, it's great and I would recommend it to anyone with a Fuji camera.
I don't think Matt was saying there was anything miserable about that forum, just that VerticalScope's terms of use and unresponsive support drove many of us to this site when they recently took over the Mu-43 forum.

- K

I get where you're coming from, but I tend not to revel in the misery of others ... No offense meant, of course - I just think that these times don't need more stress put on people, whatever the cause.

We'll have to wait and see if there is another influx of new members.

Strange coincidence: Today, I was thinking again about my decision to get out of the X mount. I admit I have a much harder time with this than I had with letting go of the E mount - and I tend to be pretty pragmatic when it comes to keeping (or trading/selling) gear these days. In many ways, the X mount system just feels like APS-C mirrorless done right (for enthusiasts).

M.
I can simultaneously be happy for new members joining this site without reveling in the “misery” that brought them here.

In the spirit of openness (and I don't believe in hiding anything from our community members), I've had some recent contacts with a VS rep' via email. The topic was in regards to an add-on that I wrote for the 'featured images' on the front page and was shared with Amin for his use on his sites. Long story short, VS is working on something for their own 'featured threads' functionality but we had to have a friendly conversation since the add-on is not a commercial product that was available to be bought & sold. Anyway, that's not the interesting part. The interesting part is that, yep, sure enough, an unexpected feeler was put forth by the rep' in regards to Cameraderie. The response, of course, was polite but clear that it was something that I wouldn't be pursuing. Sorry, but the resident geek will be sticking around, you're stuck with me for the foreseeable future. 🤓 🤣

So between VS picking up the trio of sites from Amin and now Fuji X-Forum, along with putting a feeler out there for Cameraderie, it would appear that VS is looking to jump-start their portfolio of photography related sites. I wouldn't be surprised to see other sites being picked up as well.

Soo... foreseeable future, would that mean I might be safe purchasing a lifetime membership? (I know, no guarantees in life.)

Thanks, guys. While it is definitely not required is most certainly appreciated as it helps to defer my coffee budget. ☕ :D
Understand that, Kevin. My cardiologist had difficulty understanding why the higher my caffeine intake, the lower my pulse rate. Paradoxical reaction to stimulants ...

I'm very pleased that you told VScope to go forth and multiply, or words to that effect ...

Back