Another sunset walk and VAS

mike3996

Legend
Another warm, nice sunny day -- time for another of my sunset walks. Take the subway to some 10 miles away from home, walk back and time it so that the golden hours are spent on the road. Today the sun sets at 8:55 pm so I think I'll be timing for a 5 pm start.

The last walk was a wonderful success so I replicate the gear used then, Nikon + 135 mm and Leica + 50 mm. My new backbag (Thinktank Urban Access 13) isn't quite the streetsmart Billingham but is very handy and works really well carrying this sort of gear.

Stockholm

I'm a cheap son of a gun. I have a chunk of "flyer miles" (worth some 60 €) expiring by the end of the year and with first a canceled trip to the US and then had a canceled backup trip to Porto, Portugal, I made a last-minute decision to book a flight to Stockholm for my fall vacation. Norwegian Airlines are canceling a good chunk of flights and many think they'll go under from all this. All the more reason to use up my accumulated points. You may know that Sweden in general is very liberal when it comes to handling the pandemic. Suits my mentality just fine.

I think I'd have let the miles go to waste but I watched a Samuel L Streetlife video in which he boasted vacationing in the midst of pandemic. So I thought, why not. Vacation acquisition syndrome triggered I guess. :)

For this 7-day exploration in this new-to-me town I'm thinking taking just 1 camera, 1 lens. Leica + 35 Summicron and you can't go wrong!

Argh shoot!

Knock on wood, I did not. Norwegian canceled most all September flights not 15 minutes ago, there goes my Stockholm trip. :D
I wondered how you'd go with that. I had flights and hotel booked for Queenstown, New Zealand in May which were obviously suspended, god knows when when that'll happen. But even when flight tickets have been booked, cancellations are the order of the day right now and even where flights are leaving, I'm hearing stories of airlines only allowing only 4 passengers in all of the economy cabin. Getting a flight is an achievement so I wish you good luck!

I had elevated hopes because Norwegian in particular could have very well kept Scandinavian (+ Finland) operations alive but apparently not.

Travel restrictions are only going get stricter towards the Fall so I'm afraid I have to let those points expire.

Back