Another Texan

WJW59

I've been lurking a bit and finally decided to get an E-PL2 for everyday carry. It arrived last week and I'm still finding out what works best for me. I have the 14-42 MKII lens and a VF-2 on the way. I'm also deciding on a K-mount adapter so I can use my older Pentax K and Vivitar S1 M42 glass.

I'm not giving up my Pentax K10D or my film cameras, I just wanted something for everyday that was more compact and lighter than the K10D. I will be selling my second Pentax body.....

WJW, thanks for your intro and welcome from a northern neighbor - in the New York metro area, to be exact.:D

I'm looking forward to your continued involvement and to your photographs! I hear that the E-PL2 is fantastic with adapted lenses.(y)

WJW, thanks for your intro and welcome from a northern neighbor - in the New York metro area, to be exact.:D

I'm looking forward to your continued involvement and to your photographs! I hear that the E-PL2 is fantastic with adapted lenses.(y)

It had better be. One thing that attracted me was a compact body with 14X viewing for manual focusing. The eyes have started to go and I have a hard time manually focussing these days. Plus, mounting the S1 200/3 (really 2.8) to make an effectively 400mm @2.8 sounds like fun. Then there is the 135mm f2.3 (really f2, Vivitar was on a weird aperture kink back then) and the 90mm f2.5 Macro.......

Welcome fellow Texan! Where are you at? I think you will love the EPL2. I took just a couple of photos with it at the local store using JPG with the Pany 20/1.7. I was impressed with the sharpness and color at base ISO 200. The EVF is probably still the best EVF in the market. IMO, better than the built in EVF of the GH2 and the Sony A55.

Welcome fellow Texan! Where are you at? I think you will love the EPL2. I took just a couple of photos with it at the local store using JPG with the Pany 20/1.7. I was impressed with the sharpness and color at base ISO 200. The EVF is probably still the best EVF in the market. IMO, better than the built in EVF of the GH2 and the Sony A55.

I hope so. I went out and took a few shots of familiar subjects to see what the lens/camera combo would do. I'm still looking things over but it looks good so far.

Now, I just have to decide about bags. I'm using a Kodak bag that I picked up cheap last year. It was actually a kit with the bag, table tripod, and lens cloth and I bought several (Woot, 1saleaday.com,?) and gave them away to friends with larger P&S or small bridge cameras using makeshift bags. It holds the E-PL2, with kit lens attached, and leaves room for one more item (finder, lens, etc). Why is finding a bag always harder than finding the camera to go in it.:confused:

Back