Fuji Another X100S review

He is one of my favourite up and coming photographers. I find reviews from sources such as this valuable. As he points out, let others do the test charts. I want to hear from this working photographer how this camera will or will not work for him, and why.

He seems somewhat enthusiastic about the X100s. Maybe it is a good camera...

Awesome images. One thing he talks about that I hadn't heard of before is the "focus check" feature. Sounds like a great thing for people who are uneasy with the OVF and even for tough focus situations for those who are very comfortable with the OVF - I'm really looking forward to checking this out. Surprised I'd missed it up to this point.

-Ray

after seeing real world samples and reading carefully couched praise (and some all out praise), I'm quite sure the S that is headed this way will be going back. Frankly, nothing looks any better than what I'm seeing from the old X100. And I have no issues with focus speed (or performance) out of the 'old' X100. If I used manual focus for anything, that cool new tech might sway me, but I rarely do......and again, once you get used to how it works on the 'old' X100, you learn to work around it.

I'm glad to see that Fuji didn't screw anything up from the first one. But it's definitely evolutionary and not Revolutionary. And that's fine. I have no problem with shooting the X100 another 2 years (or maybe longer).

after seeing real world samples and reading carefully couched praise (and some all out praise), I'm quite sure the S that is headed this way will be going back. Frankly, nothing looks any better than what I'm seeing from the old X100. And I have no issues with focus speed (or performance) out of the 'old' X100. If I used manual focus for anything, that cool new tech might sway me, but I rarely do......and again, once you get used to how it works on the 'old' X100, you learn to work around it.

I'm glad to see that Fuji didn't screw anything up from the first one. But it's definitely evolutionary and not Revolutionary. And that's fine. I have no problem with shooting the X100 another 2 years (or maybe longer).

Good one Luke. Let's call this the "An X100 is good enough" affirmation. Print it off, and stick it next to your mirror. Repeat 10 times per day. That should keep the 100s away for a few months.
:daz:

Good one Luke. Let's call this the "An X100 is good enough" affirmation. Print it off, and stick it next to your mirror. Repeat 10 times per day. That should keep the 100s away for a few months.
:daz:

Well, I didn't cancel my order in time. And as long as it is showing up here, the very least I can do is test it out. Unfortunately I have a lot going on in my life right now that doesn't relate to photography so my time will be limited. But you'll get a very honest "is it worth upgrading" post from me. And there will either be someone moving up a spot in line or a nice low mileage X100 for sale soon.

It`s the better snapper than the X100 in good light. Other than that and if one prefers files with more PP latitude, the X100 is still plenty good enough.

Well, I didn't cancel my order in time. And as long as it is showing up here, the very least I can do is test it out. Unfortunately I have a lot going on in my life right now that doesn't relate to photography so my time will be limited. But you'll get a very honest "is it worth upgrading" post from me. And there will either be someone moving up a spot in line or a nice low mileage X100 for sale soon.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Back