• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Canon Any actual Canon FF DSLR users here?

wt21

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2010
I'm thinking of getting a Canon FF as a back-up to my m43 system (kind of reversed, I know). I have a Sony a7, and am deciding between that or a 6D. The reason for considering Canon is I need a 70-200/2.8, and the Canon is $1,000 less. So there's that. But of course, I'd lose all the mirrorless goodness.

Any other Canon "big rig" users here?

Last edited:

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Jan 11, 2011
Houston, Texas
I used my sister's 5D mk 2 for a few days. I think it was my first non M9 full frame experience. It definitely predated the A7. After using an EVF in the m4/3 cameras for so long with all the AF focus points in them, I found the 5D mk 2 kinda hard to use. The VF and AF points was much better than the E510/620 that I had before. But a step behind the modern m4/3 cameras. Operationally, the m4/3 cameras were much faster too. The shallow DOF and lower noise at high ISO definitely tempted me to grab one though. But I resisted ...

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom