Any bicycle enthusiasts on here? Deciding on a cheap commuter bike?

I received my bike yesterday and put it together while I still had daylight! I'll take some pics once I bring it out on it's maiden voyage! Hardest areas for me was lining up my handle bars to be center and I'm still adjusting the disc brakes. I was told just to ride it so they break in. My daughter now wants her own gravel bike and my son is interested in a new bike as well! This darn pandemic forcing us to go outdoors and be healthy!

I received my bike yesterday and put it together while I still had daylight! I'll take some pics once I bring it out on it's maiden voyage! Hardest areas for me was lining up my handle bars to be center and I'm still adjusting the disc brakes. I was told just to ride it so they break in. My daughter now wants her own gravel bike and my son is interested in a new bike as well! This darn pandemic forcing us to go outdoors and be healthy!
Welcome to the party! I love biking, and have definitely seen more people out and about during this COVID mess. I'm just returning to cycling the past couple of weeks after breaking my foot 7 weeks ago. Still on the mend, so I'm keeping the rides short, about 20-30 minutes max. Hardest part was not being able to grab the bike and head out into the woods the first two weeks of November, when we had non-stop gorgeous weather and the best Autumn foliage we've seen in years. I was tempted, but my conscience (aka wife) reminded me I could seriously set back my recovery.

Here's a quick shot of the bike. I'm still tuning the disc brakes, they're a pain in the butt to dial in. The single speed gear is manageable on streets as long as the hills aren't too steep and I can build up decent acceleration when pedaling hard. So far so good!

purple.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Does anyone have recommendations for helmets? I misplaced my old Giro helmet and now I need a new one. The problem is that I have a huge head, so helmets just make head look even bigger! Any recommendations on a stylish helmet that also looks good on a big noggin? :D

Back