Any Other Hobbies ?

If you look at my user name it kinda gives it away.... Yes I'm into the Paranormal, ghosts/spirits especially. I run a group called Surrey Paranormal and we go out investigation apparent haunted locations. It's very interesting and great fun.

One thing that's interesting is that I keep seeing what looks like someone coming out my kitchen and into the utility room and back again when I'm sitting at my PC. It's the corner of the eye thing but sometimes it's more than that. This has been going on for about 8 years and I see it when sitting at my PC. I see the figure in the window opposite me that reflects up towards the utility room. I was told by a friend that it is indeed a ghost and he used to look after the land for a local monastery back in 1860 which would fit as the land my house was on used to belong to a local Monastery that's not around anymore. We still have to pay about 50p to the council for the upkeep of the land because of this. He is here making himself know to me but keeps his distance. This friend saw the figure just the other night and he is also a bit psychic. I used to think it was either the wife or kids getting something from the fridge but it happens when I'm alone mostly!

How cool is that!! Glad I'm not going mad....or am I? :D

If you look at my user name it kinda gives it away.... Yes I'm into the Paranormal, ghosts/spirits especially. I run a group called Surrey Paranormal and we go out investigation apparent haunted locations. It's very interesting and great fun.

One thing that's interesting is that I keep seeing what looks like someone coming out my kitchen and into the utility room and back again when I'm sitting at my PC. It's the corner of the eye thing but sometimes it's more than that. This has been going on for about 8 years and I see it when sitting at my PC. I see the figure in the window opposite me that reflects up towards the utility room. I was told by a friend that it is indeed a ghost and he used to look after the land for a local monastery back in 1860 which would fit as the land my house was on used to belong to a local Monastery that's not around anymore. We still have to pay about 50p to the council for the upkeep of the land because of this. He is here making himself know to me but keeps his distance. This friend saw the figure just the other night and he is also a bit psychic. I used to think it was either the wife or kids getting something from the fridge but it happens when I'm alone mostly!

How cool is that!! Glad I'm not going mad....or am I? :D

WOW
Very Nice!

I like walking, cycling and kayaking but these days never seem to do any of them enough. I was pants at art at school but yesterday, on a whim, I bought a heap of watercolour paints, some paper, brushes and a how-to book to see if I have improved with age. The first of my paintings suggests not but I enjoyed it all the same.

I used to fly stunt kites, I have 8 or 9 in the cupboard, but I never seem to get out much at all anymore. I was also into mountainbiking, 20 years ago, but have got over that, and the best I can do now is get on the exercise bike once in a great while (great being the operative word.) Then, theres the music. I used to sing/play guitar in a local restaurant *many* years ago. I still have the guitar but an increasing girth makes it difficult to play (dreadnought body requires a relatively lard free gut)and I can't sing a note anymore, since becoming asthmatic... cant get enough air. I stillsing in the shower, though, and when the neighbours are out or on vacation I sometimes let loose with the guitar *and* the voice... but not often enough - the mind is willing.... Photography has had to replace all of that. At least fitness is not a mandatory requirement of pursuing the hobby.

Fellow ghosthunters I am a cemetery lurker. The more haunted the better.. I've caught me a few.. strange things but mostly I do it for the haunting beauty of the places, the older the better of course. I also am into music and I write [as in fiction stories etc..].

Wow! Lots of different hobbies and people but we all have one thing in common, apart from breathing air lol. We all love photography!

For me, my other hobbies are reading and I love my movies, and getting out to take photos, and the zoo :) Not too exciting, nothing like ghost hunting, but I'm just a quiet person :)

At the moment the hobby list would be wine collecting, cooking, Japanese kitchen knives, guitars, ukuleles , folk art, travel and vintage cameras.

My biggest passion in life is music. I listen to it every single day, couldn't do without it in fact. And hand in hand with that is my love of hi fi, and especially turntables.
I have a good collection of records, a few hundred cd's, and enjoy jazz, rock, alternate, blues, soul, and dibble in some world music and reggae too. :)

Chris

My biggest passion in life is music. I listen to it every single day, couldn't do without it in fact. And hand in hand with that is my love of hi fi, and especially turntables.
I have a good collection of records, a few hundred cd's, and enjoy jazz, rock, alternate, blues, soul, and dibble in some world music and reggae too. :)

Chris

I'm eating back into real records :) Setting up an amp and turntable kit and I have a few records left from my teen years. There is nothing like listening to them these days, digital stuff is just too sterile.

I still have a lot of records plus I a very nice turntable and cartridge but sadly they just sit there as I plug my IPod into my audio system, one other thing that I have become very lazy with.

The toughest hobby for me is music related,it is my painful attempts at playing guitar. I have proven beyond a doubt that no matter how good your equipment is you really do need some talent to play

Back