Fuji Anyone else have problems with the Bulb setting

JE406

Name
Jon Erdmann
Since recently purchasing my X-T1 I did shoot one Bulb setting of 30 sec image, it turned out great. But ever since then it will not allow for long exposures for shooting night photography. I have tried holding down the shutter button while the dial is in B mode, and only get a 1" exposure which is not good in any ISO for capturing the stars and night sky.

I have tried using my RR-90 corded remote shutter release by holding the button down, and still no Bulb action but just 1" exposure.

I have even tried playing with the B T etc back and forth to see if there was a sweet spot that somehow as not working properly.

Everything else works great on the X-T1 but would really love to have the Bulb setting work properly for Astrophography.

Since recently purchasing my X-T1 I did shoot one Bulb setting of 30 sec image, it turned out great. But ever since then it will not allow for long exposures for shooting night photography. I have tried holding down the shutter button while the dial is in B mode, and only get a 1" exposure which is not good in any ISO for capturing the stars and night sky.

I have tried using my RR-90 corded remote shutter release by holding the button down, and still no Bulb action but just 1" exposure.

I have even tried playing with the B T etc back and forth to see if there was a sweet spot that somehow as not working properly.

Everything else works great on the X-T1 but would really love to have the Bulb setting work properly for Astrophography.

I think your shutter settings make a difference. I don't think the electronic shutter allows for long, long exposures. Change from ES to MS and I think you will be ok

Normally I try and do a bit a research before reaching out to a group... this is where the frustration was even greater, because there was none. I hope by my experience, another will not go through
the same thing. The X-T1 is a great camera, I love how it handles etc... now I can look at getting an even wider angle lens for the night sky, again thank you.

Back