Anyone game for a Single in January 2018 (SiG18) challenge?

I'll use the V1 with the 18.5mm f/1.8 for SiJ18; but I'll also admit that the G1X III will rarely leave my bag/pocket during that time, especially during my days in Vienna (around the turn of the year). And I'll also be shooting film, possibly even daily as well; four rolls of 6x9'' would do the trick nicely ...

M.

@Covey22 Are you intending to use the EVF with the M3? If not, you could use the same Manfrotto pouch I use for the LX100 or the G1X III; I'd have to dig up the model, though.

M.

Thanks. If you get the chance, I'd like to look at the model online if you can pass the model # along. I do intend to use the EVF for SiJ, but for other times, I might just pull it off.

Thanks. If you get the chance, I'd like to look at the model online if you can pass the model # along. I do intend to use the EVF for SiJ, but for other times, I might just pull it off.
It's a Manfrotto Nano VI - but I'd probably pick the VII because it gives you a bit more space without adding too much to the bulk of the thing. The camera the VII is made for is the GF1 with 20mm lens - should work out perfectly for the M3 and 22mm ...

M.

So I assume it's something like at least one image each day through January, taken with a single camera. As this is the Serious Compacts site, I guess my LX100 is the appropriate choice - on other sites i'd feel obliged to use my Pen F & 17/1.8, or something A-mount, or the 'blad.

But this is SC, so LX100 it shall be.

So I assume it's something like at least one image each day through January, taken with a single camera. As this is the Serious Compacts site, I guess my LX100 is the appropriate choice - on other sites i'd feel obliged to use my Pen F & 17/1.8, or something A-mount, or the 'blad.

This will only be my third SiJ, but yes, one shot per day using only the same camera/lens combination. To be fair, SC has many posts from DSLRs and Mirrorless ILCs that don't qualify as a Compact. My last SiJ was with my Fuji, so unless someone says otherwise, pick your camera of choice.

I've had to rethink gear again. This summer down under is shaping up to be very darned hot, and unlikely to cool down at all before March or April (one can hope, though).. and because of that I am going to need a camera which can deal with low light of late afternoon, evening, and very early morning, because in the daytime, I shall be huddling in my cave with the a/c on. I need to make a test run to see which will be best...

It would be so different to think of January as a hot month.

I was once present when a Big Box Software Co. Sales Associate who landed our company as a contract got awarded a free trip to Australia, which she could take on the following US Summer. She was thrilled, until someone pointed out the seasons were reversed Down Under. She already hated the NorthEast Winters. :oops: I never did find out if she took the trip.

I was once present when a Big Box Software Co. Sales Associate who landed our company as a contract got awarded a free trip to Australia, which she could take on the following US Summer. She was thrilled, until someone pointed out the seasons were reversed Down Under. She already hated the NorthEast Winters. :oops: I never did find out if she took the trip.

Our winters are nothing like yours... unless you live in Florida or Southern California. VEry mild indeed. We had 44ºC (thats nearly 112ºF) at my house two days ago, really unpleasant, especially when the a/c in the bedroom is broken. And its only just the beginning of summer. Maybe we will get lucky and it wont be so bad.

You can use whatever you like, really - the idea is to stick with it; the Pen F with 17mm f/1.8 would certainly be fine (I used a E-M10 with that lens for my first SiJ). I've listed the LX100 for now - great tool for the job. I tend to up the ante by using a single prime, but that's not compulsory (except from participating and contributing, nothing really is - and even then, you can drop out, no hard feeling).

M.

I’m new to this but interested so I have a few questions. Single camera, single lens, one photo per day, post every day?

I would use a Fuji X100s and shoot OOC JPEGs.

Joe

I’m new to this but interested so I have a few questions. Single camera, single lens, one photo per day, post every day?

Joe
You don’t have to post everyday. The shot must be taken that day but, for example, you can post a few days later. There is usually a separate thread for each day. Your proposed combo would be an excellent choice.

Having perused my existing photos, I am down to something between the devil and the deep blue sea... Ricoh GRD3, or FZ1000 as I had said, initially. I checked previous single in, and it seems I have already used the LX100 and my XZ-1, both of which would have been in contention. Also considering the TZ60 as a compromise between the Ricoh and FZ (small sensor, small camera, big-ish zoom. I like zoom). I'll finalise on December 30.

Joe
I did something similar for the challenge a couple of years ago, Olympus E-P5, 17mm F1.8 lens and sooc only, no editing. It was hard! 31 days on the trot, composition became vitally important.

Back