Anyone game for a Single in January 2018 (SiG18) challenge?

Matt,
OK, I'm in as previously mentioned however here's my camera and lens combination - Fuji X-E2 and Zeiss Touit 32mm f1.8. The weather up in northern Vermont is too nasty right now to run around with a rangefinder. OK, now I've done it.
. . . David

Dec 31, 2013
Louisville, Ky
I have to confess, Bobby, that was my first choice of kit too. What put me off is that it is not a compact setup and I already have a number of business meetings confirmed in the New Year at which a camera would be less than welcome. It's the X100F for me for that very reason.
Since the weather here is painful, I'll probably be doing a lot of portraits and candids. Ordering a new c stand may affect that also. I know you will do great work with the x100F.

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
Do whatever you like - keeps me on my toes (after well over 29'000 steps today, that's definitely a necessity ;)). You make it more difficult for me to stick with my prime lens choice, though - but I'll persevere (I've done it before, it's doable, and the V1 is a much better performer than most people will admit ...).

M.
I'm contemplating a return to the v1, but maybe with the 10mm f/2.8. I hefted the FZ1000 yesterday and my poor old wrists said "nope, not doing that anymore".

Final decision tonight, as its already NYE here (though only 7:40am). Its between teh GRD3 and the V1 or J1 with 10mm (27mm eq)

Last edited:

donlaw

Hall of Famer
Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Don
40mm? Voigtländer or Leica? Or Nikon? ;) I guess you're talking about the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7, right?

@all
I think you might want to check the list anyway - I'm not sure I've caught everything.

M.
Yes Yes, I always think in terms of the effective focal length.
Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II

Thanks
Don

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
40mm? Voigtländer or Leica? Or Nikon? ;) I guess you're talking about the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7, right?

@all
I think you might want to check the list anyway - I'm not sure I've caught everything.

M.
Final decision, because my purpose this year is simply to be able to get out of the house at least once a day... V1 plus 10-30mm. I know a zoom is kind of cheating but oh well, thats my decision. Now I better go charge up the battery! Its only 6 hours til midnight.

Briar

All-Pro
Oct 27, 2010
Scotland
Karen
okay, my camera choice will be whichever one that I can find a matching charger and battery to go with it. A wise photographer would have kept them altogether, unfortunately I’m a scatty one who leaves everything lying disorganised behind my butt!

john m flores

All-Pro
Aug 13, 2012
Well, I'll either go old or new: Nikon 1 V1 with 18.5mm f/1.8 prime or Canon G1X III; I'm leaning towards the former - but since I carry the latter anyway, I would like to get the most out it.

On the other hand, the V1 would fit the spirit of the whole affair a lot better. And it's actually a very reliable little camera.

I could even pick the Panasonic GF1 with 20mm f/1.7 - but that'd be sort of more of the same :) :mu43: have figured prominently in my first couple of SiJs) - and I did "outdated" in 2017 (the Canon S95). On the other hand, the FZ1000 is too big for me to use as an EDC - versatile though it is.

Curiously, the V1 doesn't feel outdated at all - it's a nifty little camera, and the 18.5mm lens is great.

M.
V1 + 18.5 is a potent little combo!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom