Fuji Anyone here NOT an X owner?

Thinh L.

Rookie
If so, what's keeping you from X?

I'm definitely a fan of what Fuji has been doing lately but I just haven't jumped into the X system yet.
Still waiting to see what they come up with in the 2nd generation of ILC cameras and to see if the
cameras will ever get "proper" RAW support. Although I must admit, if they had made something like
the X20 but with an APS-C sensor or a 50mm equivalent X100s I would've bit by now.

My other problem would be figuring out what to do with my Canon and m43 stuff since I know I won't
touch them once I get an X!

Until a few days ago I thought I was going to buy a Sony RX100, but since the announcement of the X20 and after reading this forum and others, I now think I'm an X owner in waiting.

What's keeping me is that the X20 isn't available yet.

-R

Price. I have an Olympus E-M5 which is capable of performing just about any task I could throw at it, but I do appreciate the differences in output between different cameras/brands/sensors which is why I am interested in Fuji. Of the current range I quite like the X-E1 but it won't be my main camera so the numbers don't add up yet, and not when there are other excellent choices available (Canon, Samsung, and Ricoh for example) that offer their own unique flavours for much less money. I don't want to purchase a brand new camera just because I can, so for me to eventually purchase a Fuji it will take some patience, that's all. In the meantime I'll just admire them from a distance.

I would probably have gone for the X-E1 with zoom and 35 by now - except, I waited for the CES announcement. The release of the X100s has thrown confusion and frustration into my decision making and instigated my neighbouring thread: "The X100s reveals Fuji's problem with its own pace of development".
As a fledgling collector of legacy glass, I want want want the focusing innovations in the X100s in an X body - NOW!...

In the meantime, my Olympus E-PL5 offers more electronic control features than the Fujis and extraordinary battery life (I have never exhausted a battery doing time-lapse sessions of over 1600 shots).

In order to maximise the X-trans user base, Fuji could (should?) release a smaller cheaper X body with optional EVF (& flip screen please) - this runs somewhat against the grain of the original X ethos, but more users puts more pressure on Adobe and Apple to get their RAW support act together.

So, sitting here waiting and hoping...

I'm not either. I've been waiting for a camera with the right combination of features (the ideal set of features apparently would require rewriting the laws of physics, something for which I have neither the time nor the energy right now), and the X20 looks like it is that camera. The next impediment will be money.

I sold my x10 recently to buy an X100, then the X100S was announced. So now I have the X100S on preorder.

Still debating if the "s" model is worth paying $500 more than a used X100, I may still just buy a used X100.

I'll be using it for environmental portraiture with off camera flash. The main attraction for me is the high sync speed.

Same for me. I started a thread today on the same base:
X20-the trusty companion?
Hello everybody,
I own a Canon G1x which I bought last year (immediatly after I purchased a Canon G12 which was very disapointing in low light, so I gave it back after a few days). I am very interrested to know how the Fiji x20 with the new sensor can compete versus the Canon G1x in low light conditions.
Also it would be challenging to compare both cameras for street photography, I think the incredible fast lens of the Fuji x20 will offer more opportunities to "catch the right moment", the Canon G1x can be very slow in AF. Also the Fuji is probably better with his in-camera black/white modus.
How about the handling on a daily basis, the menu, the pocketable issues, battery life,.....?
As a graphic designer I work a lot with photos (provided from clients or shot by myself) and in my free time (travel, family, documentation,...). I started years ago with an Olympus E-10, Canon 10D, Leica, ricoh Grd (my favourite so far) and I am still looking for a trusty companion on my quest for the "moment to catch".
Will it be the Fuji x20?

Thank you for sharing your opinions and thoughts
Best
Fred

I am waiting to get on the x-wagon too. Just don't know which one to start with. I am a beginner and am coming from a P & S(Sony Hx20v). My friends tell me I should go with a D3200 to learn more advanced photography, but I am intrigued by the Small mirrorless cameras. Would have bought the x10 but the X20 is coming soon. I mainly need a take everywhere camera which will give me good low light and indoor pics, my Sony is quite poor in those areas!

I am waiting to get on the x-wagon too. Just don't know which one to start with. I am a beginner and am coming from a P & S(Sony Hx20v). My friends tell me I should go with a D3200 to learn more advanced photography, but I am intrigued by the Small mirrorless cameras. Would have bought the x10 but the X20 is coming soon. I mainly need a take everywhere camera which will give me good low light and indoor pics, my Sony is quite poor in those areas!

While the X10/20 is a fine camera, the X100/100s or X-Pro1/E-1 with their dedicated shutter and aperture dials, and the option of primes would be much better to further your education in photography. Their larger sensor would also bring much better quality in low-light.

Ah, here we go. I had posted my own thread because I didn't know how to keyword this LOL, anyway.. no X. The upcoming X100S intrigues me but it will likely only do that unless I win the lotto :) I still love looking at the images though and one doesn't need to be a camera owner or a photographer to appreciate fine photos.

Still waiting to see what they come up with in the 2nd generation of ILC cameras and to see if the
cameras will ever get "proper" RAW support.

I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, I've been using Lightroom forever and find that Lightroom support for the X-Trans sensors is much better than people sometimes say it is. I consistently get Lightroom conversions that look better to me than the in-camera JPEGs look, and with proper settings in Lightroom I think the results look almost as good as the results from Capture One (C1). On the other hand, C1 does a slightly better job with the files, and coupled with the fact that I also like the C1 results better for my other cameras, the Fuji results have me considering a complete switch from LR to C1. Disclosure: Phase One gave me a copy of C1 for review purposes.

Hey Amin - not wanting to highjack the thread, but I have been wondering about this, and it pertains to why some are sitting on the fence:
SilkyPix is reputed to give accurate RAW conversion but everyone complains about the UI - have you tried bulk converting RAW -> TIFF in SilkyPix and then edit in LR?
Thx.

I'm sure that would work fine, but I just don't like working in Silkypix. Part of it is just resistance to learning another RAW processing app. I used C1 years ago, so the basic layout is very familiar. Silkypix is unfamiliar and unintuitive to me.

Currently not an X owner, but I do have an X100S on pre-order. Have always like the idea of the X100, but the quirks and slow AF kept me away. I'm really hoping the X100S lives up to my expectations.

I currently shoot with a Nikon D90.

Back