Anyone interested in the Lumix camera phone ???

Mal

Veteran
We've all had the phones (I'm sure) with the pathetic camera attached (small sensors 1/4+), along with MP3, radio, games, in fact everything else but the kitchen sink...

However, Panasonic has recently announced their 13MP Lumix Camera phone... Different because ??? it's primarily a CAMERA with a phone ATTACHED..... (well that's what they'd have us believe) ;)

panasonic-lumix-phone-1.jpg

Rumored specs of Panasonic 13MP Lumix phone
A 13 mega-pixel camera with high intensity flash, HD video recording, 3.3-inch WVGA screen, clamshell form-factor, Wi-Fi, microSD card slot, 116 x 52 x 17mm in dimension and weighing 146 grams.

Probably sporting around a 1/2.3 sensor, as most of their compacts are at the moment, and a fixed focal length lens of around 35mm ... but cant have everything I suppose :confused:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Mal

Now that I am retired and in the old f*rt category I have very little interest in phones cell or otherwise. When I am out shooting I don't want a phone near me so if Panasonic is interested in making any money off of this one with me they made a mistake.

Grant... I'm getting into the old F**t category myself.... and to tell you the truth.... the cell/mobile I use is a wonderful one... No Camera.... No MP3.... No Radio.... might have a game I've never looked.... it makes calls and receives them occasionally... IT's FANTASTIC !!! :D

Mal, I do have a phone, only because my wife insists, there are times it is easier to give in than squabble. It is there in case of emergence and unless she tells me to turn it on it never is. The last emergency was me forgetting if she wanted me to get brown or white eggs with the groceries, but rather than calling home I bought a dozen of each. Truth is it doesn't have a rotary dial so not sure how to use it.

Back